OverviewJean Machine Store Manager Full Time in St. Catherines, PE
Branch St. Catherines PE CA
St. Catherines, PE
Job Description: Store Manager At Jean Machine, our vision is to be the first choice for high quality jeans and casual fashion in every market we serve. If
At Jean Machine, our vision is to be the first choice
for high quality jeans and casual fashion in every
serve. If you have a passion for denim, if you have your
finger on the fashion pulse, if you are sales driven
energy and you have leadership experience in the retail
clothing industry, then we want you to be a part of our
management team at Jean Machine.
In this role you will oversee day-to-day
responsibilities for store operations. You will work
closely with the District
and/or Area Manager to maximize sales as well as other
cross-functional partners (merchandising, store
and human resources). You will have overall
accountability for customer service and the sales team.
Reports to: District Manager
Key Job Function and Accountabilities
Sales Generation & Customer Service:
- Achieve store budgets and maximize sales in
compliance with company policies
- Promote Jean Machine brand, by executing Jean
Machine marketing initiatives, such as JM Preferred
- As MOD, prioritize, plan and organize courses of
action for self and others to ensure that work is
complete efficiently and sales goals are achieved.
- Demonstrate sales leadership for staff by playing an
active role on the selling floor and making a strong
contribution to store overall sales.
- Conform to the company’s dress code and present an
image that is consistent with the Jean Machine
- Drive key performance indicators by delivering an
exceptional customer store experience through
- Promote total customer service in a friendly way and
as the most important consideration in every
- Motivate sales staff to meet assigned sales and
- Develop and maintain product knowledge.
- Ensure all associates provide the highest level of
customer service utilizing the “Steps of Selling”
- Regularly observes and reports on the competitive
environment in the trading area (ie. Mall) and
provide weekly communication with the DM on all
issues and progress within the store.
- Ensure special orders are handled efficiently
- Resolve all client problems quickly and effectively
and escalate to Management or Head Office as
- Control store expenses and maintain budgets,
continually striving to reduce costs.
- Comply with all loss prevention, security policies,
and credit policies and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy of P.O.S. transactions.
- Schedule associates to maintain adequate floor
coverage while maintaining budgets.
- Analyze available sales reports and react
- Ensure excellence in transfer compliance and
communication of stock replenishment needs to
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of, and comply
with, all Jean Machine policies and procedures
- Build relationships with, and accesses, all Head
Office resources as required
- Performs other duties as assigned by the District
Management Team and Head Office
- Execute visual merchandising and marketing
strategies and directives accurately and within
- Partners closely with VMs to ensure excellence in
- Ensure that merchandise is properly ticketed and
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and well stocked
- Recruit and retain all store staff, ensuring all
positions filled in a timely manner with qualified
- Support, implement and provide follow-up for all
training and orientation programs
- Continually evaluate the performance of each
associate and provide consistent and timely feedback
ensure positive results.
- Resolve all human resources issues in a timely and
effective manner, partnering with HR when necessary
- Develop associates within their current role and
prepare them for their next step within Jean Machine
- Support associates by coaching for performance and
applying Jean Machine’s corrective action policy
- Ensure compliance with current legislation,
including health and safety, AODA, employment
- Ensure all Store Management are aware of and
practice effective employee relations at all times
every associate is treated as per the employee relations
Job Requirements:Our Values:
Passionate: You are a sales driven individual with a
passion for denim and retail who is motivated to sell
personal sales budgets are maintained
Collaborative: You are a positive person who thrives in
a fast paced, dynamic team environment
Accountable: You effectively meet the customer’s needs
by establishing relationships and taking responsibility
customer satisfaction to close sales
Innovative: You take initiative to do things better
1.5 – 3 years of supervisory experience in clothing
College Diploma or University Degree preferred.
Specialization in Retail Management or Fashion
Merchandising/Design an asset.
Full-time salaried management are expected to work 42
hours per week but may be asked to work up to 44 hours.
Able to use a ladder and lift boxes between 1-30lbs.
Available to work nights (minimum 2 closing shifts per
week), weekends, Holiday’s and some overnight shifts as
Your Career @ JM: The Jean Machine family is a group of
talented and driven individuals who love what they do-
Selling denim! Our success in the Canadian retail
community for over 30 years has been based on our core
superior customer service. Jean Machine believes in
offering our employees opportunities for professional
skill development and career advancement in a fast-paced
and fun working environment. Jean Machine is an Equal
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saint Catherines, PE, CA
Posted on: 2017-04-02