OverviewJazz Aviation LP Structure Specialist Full Time in Halifax, NS
Jazz Aviation LP
Branch Halifax NS CA
Structure Specialist Closing Date : Feb 5, 2015 Primary Location : CA-NS-Halifax Schedule : Full-time Job Type : Permanent Shift : Days Number
Feb 5, 2015
Primary Location : CA-NS-Halifax
Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Permanent
Shift : Days
Number of Openings : 1
Basic Purpose of Position:
At the direction of the Dash 8 ISE Manager / ISE Structures Supervisor, carry out technical support activities such as AOG- on Call 24/7 support, research, analysis, vendor/manufacturer communication, etc., in order to ensure the highest levels of fleet safety, reliability, and cost-effectiveness.
The role of each specialist will be a flexible one within the ISE Structures group covering all aircraft types in the Jazz fleet. Description below is generic – aircraft type and technical area skills will be assessed when considering each candidate.
- Must work independently while maintaining a team mindset.
- Takes initiative, be proactive and forward thinking.
- Participate in technical research, investigation, analysis, and proposal generation as it relates to aircraft performance, damage and repair, modifications, Service Bulletins, and Airworthiness Directives.
- Ensure analysis, response, and corrective action issues are addressed from information presented in regular reliability reports and quality audit/surveillance results.
- Maintain knowledge of the most current industry information for safe and efficient operation of the fleet.
- Provide technical support to maintenance production and other support services (Engineering, Quality, Planning, Supply Management etc.).
- Provide support to the SMS program through reporting, participation in investigation, research, and by attending incident review meetings as required.
- Co-ordinate and take the lead – special fleet projects.
- Organise and review data to promulgate action plans.
- Attend vendor and manufacturer seminars.
- Increase: long term fleet reliability; on-time performance; aircraft check periodicity; aircraft appearance.
- Reduce: customer complaints; maintenance costs; material costs.
- Liaise with manufacturers, other operator fleet manager, other companies, vendors.
- Establish and maintain effective communications with Shops, Line and Heavy maintenance stations.
- Attend meetings as required; provide data/reports; report on progress of assignments/projects; identify performance/reliability problems and solutions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies, procedures and work practices while giving primary consideration to personal safety, the safety of co-workers and customers.
Requisition ID : 2015-6500-006058
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24