OverviewJazz Aviation LP Inventory/Operations Specialist Full Time in Toronto, ON
Jazz Aviation LP
Branch Toronto ON CA
Responses require in-depth analysis of issues to ensure any changes made support the objectives of Supply Management….
Feb 1, 2015
Primary Location : CA-ON-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Permanent
Number of Openings : 1
Basic Purpose of position:
This position supports the Inventory Control Manager in achieving goals set out for Supply Management. The incumbent manages the day-to-day operations of Inventory Control ensuring inventory requirements at all bases are analyzed, monitored and kept at an optimum level.
- Support the department and team with Supply management base Supervisors to address specific Inventory related projects.
- Create and analyse daily and weekly reports.
- Transfer product as necessary to minimize outages of high risk parts.
- Provide research for Inventory projects.
- Measure and show progress on assigned tasked.
- Participate in any Initial provisioning for Fleet renewal.
- Analyze company inventory to determine base stock levels and adjust as required.
- Respond in a timely manner to all emails received in the Inventory Requests Mailbox.
- Responses require in-depth analysis of issues to ensure any changes made support the objectives of Supply Management.
- Implement changes, where appropriate, to the Request.
- Communicate with originator of Request the action taken/not taken.
- Consult with subject matter experts where required.
- Participate in the Daily Supply Management start up call.
- Prepare analysis and recommendations for any developing issues that may arise.
- Manage the data integrity and upkeep of TRAX.
- Assume the role of Inventory Control Manager in their absence.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging trends in the aviation industry.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging trends in inventory control.
- Cross team support on technical issues including TRAX.
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with all areas within the Maintenance and Engineering group.
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant groups outside of Jazz.
- Communicate any material changes, risks or developing situations to all stakeholders.
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, the safety of co-workers and customers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma is an asset.
- Strong Planning and Organizational skills.
- Strong Teamwork skills across multi-functional departments.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills including knowledge of a union environment.
- Strong math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work to multiple deadlines that are often conflicting.
- Two years of experience working in an aviation inventory environment would be required.
- Strong MS Office skills, including Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of IDEA software would be an asset.
- In depth experience with TRAX operating system would be an asset.
Requisition ID : YYZ-2014-7140-006023
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24