OverviewJ.D. Irving Reporter Full Time in Saint John, NB
Branch Saint John NB CA
Saint John, NB
University or college-level studies in journalism or a related education. They are enterprising and dig up stories on their own….
We are looking for reporters for a 12-month term with a keen news sense, an eagerness to break stories and a clean, clear writing style. Our reporters quickly immerse themselves in assignments, thoroughly researching and reporting news and feature stories for web and print. They are enterprising and dig up stories on their own. We are seeking dynamic and assertive team players who are equally at ease working independently. We’re focused on increasing our coverage of the Kennebecasis Valley — among the fastest growing communities in the province — where many of our valued Telegraph-Journal readers live. From municipal politics in Rothesay and Quispamsis to engaging features about people in the region, a greater Saint John reporter will produce compelling story ideas every day.
- University or college-level studies in journalism or a related education.
- Previous newsroom experience is preferred
- A clean, clear writing style and a demonstrated ability to produce detailed, accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of, and experience in using, social media
- Highly developed organizational skills — able to multi-task, particularly in high-stress situations.
- Sound knowledge of Canadian Press style.
- An excellent command of the English language; fluency in spoken and written French would be an asset.
- Photography and videography skills are also an asset
- A sound understanding of media law.
- A valid driver’s licence.
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please click ” Apply Now “.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Brunswick News is Atlantic Canada’s most dynamic media group and provides a comprehensive package of news and information to readers throughout New Brunswick daily. Our network of media outlets includes New Brunswick’s three daily newspapers, more than a dozen weekly newspapers, flyer distribution services, magazines, an innovative online product, entertainment property and an online recruitment site.
Follow us on Twitter : @JDICareers
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saint John, NB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18