OverviewJ.D. Irving Industrial Maintenance Electrician Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Industrial Maintenance Electrician
The Facilities Department is responsible for overall management of all facility plant and equipment, capital related projects and engineering works associated…
Irving Shipbuilding Inc . is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company’s primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company’s commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Irving Shipbuilding is currently seeking Industrial Maintenance Electricians to fill 2 vacancies. These are permanent, full-time hourly roles based in Halifax, N.S.
The Facilities Department is responsible for overall management of all facility plant and equipment, capital related projects and engineering works associated with the facility and plant equipment across three locations.
The Industrial Maintenance Electrician works within the Maintenance section of the Facilities Department and is tasked with maintaining production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment in Marine/Industrial Industry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure operation of machinery, mechanical equipment and electric systems by completing preventive maintenance (PM) and corrective maintenance (CM) requirements. Follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications to troubleshoot malfunctions.
- Install and troubleshoot electrical circuitry ranging from 600Volt to 120Volt single phase and three phase
- Locate sources of problems by observing electrical/mechanical devices in operation and by using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments
- Assist in anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Provide maintenance information to Maintenance Supervisor
- Prepare electrical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensure operation of machinery, mechanical
Requirements – Education, Knowledge & Skills:
- Red Seal Industrial (Maintenance) Electrician
- Minimum 2 years of current experience in environment and works noted above
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of steel fabrication/production line equipment and processes
- Training/qualifications on PLC Controls related to conveyor systems, and production machines considered an asset
- Proficient in analyzing circuits, wiring diagrams and blueprints
- Experience in hydraulic/pneumatic system considered an asset
- You must be eligible to work in Canada to apply for this job
- A pre-employment physical is required
- A background check will be performed by the Employer
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click the “apply now” button and complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience is required.
What to Expect:
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the goals of Employment Equity.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17