OverviewJ.D. Irving Director of Operations – Parts Full Time in Dieppe, NB
Branch Dieppe NB CA
Director of Operations – Parts
The successful candidate needs to ensure that there is a growth plan for the department to ensure that UTT covers all areas of opportunity including heavy duty…
Universal Truck and Trailer is Atlantic Canada’s largest heavy duty truck and trailer dealership featuring the most up-to-date dealer service bays in Southern New Brunswick.
We are an authorized sales, service, parts & warranty dealership for premium products Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso and Great Dane trucks and trailers. In addition, we service most makes and models for class 6, 7 and 8 vehicles, including luxury class RV’s.
We focus on exceeding customer requirements through continuously developing our team and building technical capabilities.
We currently have an opening at our head office in Dieppe for a Director of Operations – Parts . The successful candidate, reporting to the General Manager, will be responsible for all aspects of our parts business operation and administration including the full scope of profit and loss. The successful candidate needs to ensure that there is a growth plan for the department to ensure that UTT covers all areas of opportunity including heavy duty aftermarket parts, trucking companies, owner operators, truck and trailer repair facilities and affiliated businesses. With profitable growth in mind, the successful candidate will have a strong sense of business development.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Defines market potential by analyzing market surveys and sales statistics; estimating volume and profit potential; preparing forecasts
- Improves market position by seeking out new accounts
- Develops sales volume by establishing sales policy, objectives, pricing, and discounts; assigning quotas; negotiating key contracts
- Achieves market share by developing and establishing promotional strategies; implementing advertising campaigns
- Maintains rapport with key customers by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; resolving problems
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Builds yearly budget by establishing and managing revenues and gross margin targets and departmental expense budgets and performance standards
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree. A Master’s in Business Administration, would be an asset but not necessary
- Demonstrate ability to energize, empower and engage team to get results
- Must exude energy and passion for superior customer service and building and retaining customer loyalty
- Must have a reputation for effective execution
- Ability to deal with conflict and adversity when leading teams through change
- Must have track record as a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Must demonstrate ability to organize and more importantly prioritize
- Must be known for their ‘edge’ and competitive drive to get results
- Demonstrated proficiency developing, working with, and implementing business plans
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please click ” Apply Now “.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Follow us on Twitter : @JDICareers
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Dieppe, NB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23