OverviewIWK Health Centre Ward Clerk, Garron Centre Temporary in Halifax, NS
IWK Health Centre
Branch Halifax NS CA
Ward Clerk, Garron Centre
Data entry, including database entry; Reporting to the Clinical Manager, the Ward Clerk performs a variety of reception and clerical duties required for the…
Reporting to the Clinical Manager, the Ward Clerk performs a variety of reception and clerical duties required for the efficient operation of the Garron Centre. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: data entry, including database entry; ordering and maintaining supplies; admitting patients to the centre; scheduling patient appointments; required transport functions; filing; photocopying; faxing; answering phones; placing calls to staff as required.
Hours of Work
Rotating Shifts Monday to Sunday, Days (9:00 am – 9:00 pm on Weekends) and Evenings (3:00 – 11:00 pm Monday – Friday)
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required.
- Completion of a recognized Secretarial or Office Administration Diploma Program preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred.
- Demonstrated accurate keyboarding and data entry skills required. Testing will be conducted on short-listed candidates and results will be factored into the candidate’s overall suitability for this position.
- Basic knowledge of computer programs, including a word processing program, required.
- Knowledge of Meditech required.
- Demonstrated initiative, excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task required.
- Demonstrated team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work with a wide variety of interdisciplinary team members and families.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Competencies in other languages an asset; French preferred.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10