OverviewIWK Health Centre Rehabilitation Assistant, Children’s Health Program Temporary in Halifax, NS
IWK Health Centre
Branch Halifax NS CA
Rehabilitation Assistant, Children’s Health Program
The Rehabilitation Assistant participates in the overall plan of care for the patient in the provision of activities that address movement, function, occupation…
Reporting to the Managers of Rehabilitation Services and under the supervision of a registered Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist, the Rehabilitation Assistant (OTA and PTA) acts as an active member of the patient care team providing client and family centered service to children and youth and their families. The Rehabilitation Assistant participates in the overall plan of care for the patient in the provision of activities that address movement, function, occupation and education components of rehabilitation care. The Rehabilitation Assistant is responsible for specific, assigned occupational therapy and physiotherapy services in keeping with their training, skill, knowledge and ability. Working collaboratively with their team, the Rehabilitation Assistant participates in the provision of safe, competent, ethical care, focusing on the goals and needs of the patient. The Rehabilitation Assistant also checks and cleans equipment, maintains treatment and storage areas and orders necessary supplies. The Rehabilitation Assistant will be required to provide services throughout inpatient, ambulatory and community based Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy services.
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday days, flexibility required, occasional evenings and weekends.
- Graduate from a recognized OTA and PTA College Program (which includes a minimum of 500 clinical hours, and meets standards for future accreditation through the joint accreditation proves of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapy Education Accreditation Canada), or, completion of a recognized Community College Rehabilitation Assistant Program which includes clinical placements for Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy components required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a Rehabilitation Assistant (OTA/PTA) required.
- Experience working with children and youth with various disabilities required.
- Knowledge of various health conditions and their impact on health, well-being, and quality of life required.
- Successful completion of CPR Level-C Health Care Provider within the last 12 months required.
- Successful completion of BCLA and WHMIS required.
- Demonstrated competence in electronic communication, working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required.
- Basic knowledge of equipment and adaptive devices required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a collaborative interdisciplinary team required.
- Excellent time management, organization and problem-solving skills required.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to family centered care required.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and promote interpersonal & community relationships required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when operationally required.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for community visits required.
- Competencies in other languages considered an asset; French preferred.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11