OverviewIWK Health Centre General Officer Clerk III, Anatomical Pathology Temporary in Halifax, NS
IWK Health Centre
Branch Halifax NS CA
General Officer Clerk III, Anatomical Pathology
Graduate from a recognized Office Administration, Business or Secretarial Diploma Program preferred. Minimum of six (6) months related experience in a health…
Reporting to the Manager and under the supervision of the Clerical Coordinator, the General Office Clerk III is responsible for providing high quality clerical and organizational support to the Anatomical Pathology Division as required.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to: transcription and distribution of draft and final pathology reports within divisional turnaround times; researches patient history with respect to previous pathology specimens and provides relevant information to pathologist; mails and distributes all reports and correspondence in a timely manner; follows up appropriately on unreported pathology specimens; selects/collates reports and materials for case review meetings; assembles autopsy folders, ensuring all required documentation is available; maintains an office filing system, including the processing of incoming/outgoing mail; prepares and types letters/reports/correspondence; files/faxes/photocopies; responds to telephone inquiries regarding report status, pathologist on service, etc. or forwards calls to appropriate individual; attends team meetings; prepares pathology reports for off-site storage.
Hours of Work
Monday-Friday; 7.0 hrs/day
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
- Graduate from a recognized Office Administration, Business or Secretarial Diploma Program preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) months related experience in a health care setting required; 1 year preferred.
- A combination of equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical/laboratory terminology required.
- Minimum keyboarding skills of 60 wpm required; maximum four (4) allowable errors (testing may be conducted on qualified candidates).
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and database applications required.
- Working knowledge of Meditech and LIS system preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workloads required.
- Demonstrates high regard for quality, accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Excellent judgment and discretion in handling confidential and/or sensitive information required.
- Demonstrates flexibility to meet workload demands required.
- Demonstrates strong communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal/team building skills required.
- Demonstrates initiative; self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Demonstrates experience with office equipment (e.g., multifunction devices, shredders) preferred.
- Competency in other languages considered an asset; French & Arabic preferred.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-29