Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-04-04
IWK Health Centre Coordinator Programs & Support Services Full Time in Halifax, NS
IWK Health Centre
Branch Halifax NS CA
Coordinator Programs & Support Services
Provides administrative management to the Scientific Review Committee. The Coordinator Programs & Support Services is responsible for the internal grants…
The Coordinator Programs & Support Services is responsible for the internal grants program and provides advice and assistance to investigators, their research support staff and trainees in the submission of research grants. Reporting directly to the Manager, Research Administration, the Coordinator also provides support for services such as communications, internal data management and other areas of the Manager portfolio as needed. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the grant submission and review process for the internal IWK Programs and the grant submission process for external (international, national and provincial) funding agency competitions.
- Reviews applications to ensure compliance with agency and/or IWK Program guidelines and regulations
- Provides support to researchers during the grants application process. feedback and work with investigators to improve submission
- Verifies budgets to ensure they are appropriate and accurate
- Ensures all sections of the applications are completed accurately and all required signatures are obtained
- Submits applications to funding agencies by appropriate deadlines
- Communicates with investigators and research staff on issues relating to grants
- Coordinates the Summer Student program including presentations, evaluations and ensuring required documents are received and processed
- Maintains current internal guidelines and application forms and ccompiles and provides reports for both internal and external purposes
- Maintains Research Programs web site and research newsletter
- Provides administrative management to the Scientific Review Committee
- Maintains grant funding database
- Maintains SOPs related to areas of responsibility.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday; 8:00 – 4:00
- Graduate from a recognized diploma program required. High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Minimum of three (3) years administrative experience required.
- Knowledge and clear understanding of the importance of provincial, national, and international funding guidelines: e.g. Tri-Agency Financial Administration Guide is an asset
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Understanding of research and research processes and asset
- Database experience essential