OverviewIWK Health Centre Administrative assistant to Manager, Ambulatory Surgical Care Full Time in Halifax, NS
IWK Health Centre
Branch Halifax NS CA
Administrative assistant to Manager, Ambulatory Surgical Care
Proven time management and problem-solving skills required. Graduate of a recognized Office Administration Program required….
Accountable to two (2) Managers of the Ambulatory Surgical Care & Regional Poison Centre, the Administrative Assistant provides high quality administrative and organizational support for the day to day operations of the Teams such as coordinate schedules, maintains records and files, and provides organizational support to teams and committees. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Provides high level support to the managers and maintains a high degree of confidentiality with all issues; Creates written correspondence and proofreads/edits material for accuracy; Types/transcribes reports photocopying and distributes accordingly; Provides administrative support to committees chaired by the Managers in particular minute taking and Meeting Planner; Provides logistic and organizational support for conference planning including arranging travel, booking and expense recovery; Organizes and maintains electronic and hard copy filing system including personnel files and recruitment processes; Assists with budget tracking and monitors financial expenditures, as required; Assists in the development of reports, including gathering and compiling information; Answers telephone/e-mail inquiries and communicates messages and information accurately with follow-up, as appropriate; Other related duties as assigned.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday; 7.5 hrs /day; 0800 – 1600
• Minimum High School Diploma or GED required.
• Graduate of a recognized Office Administration Program required.
• Minimum three (3) years experience providing administrative/secretarial support to management level required.
• Keyboarding skills of 60 wpm required; maximum four (4) allowable errors.
• Excellent judgment, diplomacy and discretion in handling confidential and/or sensitive information required.
• Demonstrated superior IT skills with a thorough working knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook require
• Proven time management and problem-solving skills required.
• Demonstrated excellent organizational skills, strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills required. Excellent skill in minute taking
• Proven ability to act decisively and to exercise a high degree of initiative and self motivation required.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction and/or supervision required.
• Demonstrated high regard for quality, accuracy and attention to detail required.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a stressful environment with multiple deadlines and concurrent activities
• Previous experience in a health care environment an asset.
• Experience with MEDITECH, SAP/HASP, eSource and Internet an asset.
• Competencies in other languages considered an asset; French, preferred.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11