Employment Type: Freelance
Posted on: 2016-11-01
IT Chapter Senior Data Science Architect Contract in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Senior Data Science Architect
IT Chapter is looking for an experienced Senior Data Science Architect. Provide direction through leadership and decision making to team embers/management in…
IT Chapter is looking for an experienced Senior Data Science Architect
- Direct and/or undertake appropriate research and analysis with business stakeholders and other team members to understand existing processes; provide vision and planning on how Data Science systems should be integrated/architect to provide the best fit to align Data Science solutions with business.
- Conceptualize solutions in terms of impacts and influence business direction aligned with corporate strategic plans.
- Provide subject matter expertise and assistance through developing code and coaching/mentoring to ensure that business requirements and specifications are prepared in accordance with established standards and to oversee that implementations are aligned with proposed architect solutions.
A large percentage of the candidate’s time will be spent coding (and at times developing) algorithms for statistical analysis, mathematical optimization etc.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Liaise with management, vendors and partners in project related matters as well as lead discussion on strategic direction and best fit alternatives or to align IT plans with Business strategic plans. Conduct meetings and data discovery sessions. Provide subject matter expertise (develop and program algorithms for statistical analysis and optimization) for internal & external auditors, programmers, consultants, vendors and business analysts.
- Provide direction through leadership and decision making to team embers/management in matters related to system products, design development strategy, estimates, options, alternative approaches, impacts of decisions, procedures, costs benefit analysis, cost effective solutions and critical paths for projects.
- Recommend cost effective/revenue generating systems.
- Planning (Feasibility studies, estimates, project inter-dependencies and schedules where required), Establish guidelines to monitor and recommend improvements to the current system.
- Keep abreast of current trends, practices and technological developments related to the field of Knowledge management, Business Intelligence and Business Process Measurement.
- Demonstrate a leadership role with teams directing the development of standards and guidelines within their area of expertise.
- Makes presentations to all levels of management (Directors, Vice-Presidents, Users, Partners and Outside vendors)
- Masters in a related field (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science etc).
- PhD in a related specialization or 10+ years experience in industry in a related capacity.
- 2-5 years Process Re-engineering experience.
- Ability and experience to write code for algorithms relating to mathematical optimization, data inference required.
- Project Management experience an asset.
- Ability to manage at all levels.
- Negotiation skills.
Job Type: Contract
- Experience in industry in a related capacity: 10 years
- Process Re-engineering: 5 years