OverviewISL Engineering and Land Services Grading and Surfacing Construction Administrator Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
ISL Engineering and Land Services
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Grading and Surfacing Construction Administrator
Is an award-winning full-service consulting firm dedicated to working with all levels of government and the private sector to deliver planning and design…
ISL Engineering and Land Services Ltd. is an award-winning full-service consulting firm dedicated to working with all levels of government and the private sector to deliver planning and design solutions for transportation, water, and land projects.
Our commitment to client success is built on a strong foundation: we know the communities we serve. This local knowledge, combined with our range of expertise and depth of experience, helps us meet the unique challenges of every project and better understand the role of sustainable solutions in all phases of a project’s life cycle.
ISL Engineering and Land Services is proud to be among Canada’s 30 most environmentally-conscious employers as well as a Platinum Level Small and Medium Best Employer in Canada. ISL supports diversity and is an employment equity employer.
ISL offers opportunities for career development, an employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP program and competitive salaries with opportunities for an annual bonus.
The ISL Saskatoon office is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Grading and Surfacing Construction Administrator to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in transportation construction and must be willing to travel throughout Saskatchewan and Alberta. The candidate must be a self-motivated individual and willing to accept challenging roles. The candidate must also possess very good communication skills, a strong work ethic and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Preliminary surveys
- Construction survey layout
- Development of construction quantities
- Construction Administration
- Liaison with contractors, client and utility companies.
- Perform contract administration to ensure that all requirements of the contract documents and drawings are met.
- Preparation of daily and weekly reports (per client requirements) as well as maintaining a site diary that documents the construction progress.
- Review contractor progress claims and confirm measured quantities for the purpose of approving progress payments.
- Provide advice for the resolution of site specific issues as they arise, manage changes to the contract through Contemplated Change Notices, Field Instructions and Change Orders.
- Report construction safety or environmental violations if they arise.
- Conduct construction completion certificate (CCC) and Final Acceptance inspections, provide a list of outstanding deficiencies, and follow up.
- Other Duties:
- Preparation of contract documents;
- Assisting with quantity take-offs, cost estimates, tendering and construction-related activities;
- Coordinating utility relocations for roadways projects;
- Liaison with ISL Project Managers and Designers;
- Other related tasks assigned based on individual project requirements.
- A Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or similar.
- Registration with Saskatchewan Applied Science Technologists and Technicians (SASTT) or equivalent as a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) would be viewed as an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of experience, preferably with Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure projects or urban municipality projects.
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D will be viewed as an asset
Want to find out more about this or other ISL career opportunities?
Visit us online at www.islengineering.com
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25