OverviewIrving Oil Quality Advisor – Fuels Full Time in Saint John, NB
Branch Saint John NB CA
Quality Advisor – Fuels
Saint John, NB
Maintains relationships with industry Quality Assurance personnel. Job Title Quality Advisor – Fuels. Develop and maintain product, additive and supply chain…
Quality Advisor – Fuels
- Develop and maintain product specifications for finished products. This includes finished products produced internally at the refinery or downstream through blending activities and for products that are commercially acquired.
- Industry involvement, such as active participation in the Canadian General Standards Board and other applicable industry organizations.
- Provide quality requirements for commercial activities and agreements. This includes defining quality requirements for any new contracts, exchange agreements, term agreements, thru put agreements, branded fuel arrangement, and other purchase contracts to ensure our quality standards are met and risks are mitigated.
- Maintains relationships with industry Quality Assurance personnel.
- Develop and maintain product, additive and supply chain quality assurance processes and requirements in line with the ISO 9001:2008 standard to ensure regulated, industry, commercial and internal quality objectives and integrity is upheld.
- Confer with industry, scientific, engineering, marketing and other personnel in order to plan and execute work. • Research, investigate and develop product qualities and processes. Provide technical advice, troubleshoot, investigate and recommend corrective actions as applicable to maintain the integrity of the quality programs and product quality.
- Define current and future fuel requirements and expectations.
- Define test requirements and product release and acceptance criteria.
- Identify areas of risks and work with other to have actions taken.
- Develop a team capable of working with all stakeholders and maintaining quality requirements.
- Lead the Supply Chain Quality Coordinators who report to this position. Performance Management of direct reports.
- Assign work to staff in order to maximize utilization of personnel.
- Identify and communicate product quality integrity status, risks, trends and activities. Facilitate communication, information and training sessions to all business lines.
- Set goals, expectations and promote continuous improvement.
- Participate in on-call schedules
- Post secondary education in engineering, science or mechanical discipline
- Strong computer software knowledge/capability
- Quality Management system, project management, process improvement experience is required.
- Ten years experience with petroleum products and the handling, sampling, and testing is required
- Experience managing teams and working across internal and external groups is preferred
- Strong decision making skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to research, consult with others , solicit advice and develop a path forward
- Ability to identify and assess opportunities, problems and risks and recommend solutions and execute those solutions
- Manage time and priorities and delegation skills are required
- Develop strong working relationships with other and possess above average verbal and written skills while exhibiting a professional attitude and behaviors
- Ability to evaluate performance, develop and mentor people and provide feedback is required
- Ability to set team goals and required standards
- Ability to plan work and schedules and lead yourself and others through to the end of the goals.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Must have a valid passport as travel throughout Canada and United States is required.
Job Requirements – Work Experience
Job Requirements – Education
Saint John, NB
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saint John, NB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-02