OverviewIrving Oil IT Network Specialist Full Time in Saint John, NB
Branch Saint John NB CA
IT Network Specialist
Saint John, NB
Must have good familiarity with other IT infrastructure technologies such as large scale high performance storage systems, databases, telephony, cloud computing…
IT Network Specialist
The Network Specialist has responsibility to oversee the ongoing maintenance and integrity of Irving Oil’s network connectivity, protocols, network security devices, data, and telephony networks. This includes working with vendors and internal IT teams on a day to day basis for the support, testing, installation, integration, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintenance of networking systems; design, development, and installation of the computer networks; installation of routers, switches, firewalls, phone systems and other network-related devices.
- Working with our vendors; monitor, analyze, and report on availability of critical business systems including performance and service stability.
- Ensure that network performance is monitored for bottlenecks, connectivity, capacity, and utilization.
- Technical escalation point; working with vendors to troubleshoot any concerns or activities related to the network and quickly determine resolution of technical issues impacting customers both external and internal.
- Working with our vendors to Implement, troubleshoot, and support network devices including switches, routers, access points, VOIP phones and other network devices.
- Manage testing, debugging, analyze performance, and document technology components.
- Working with the security team to proactively mitigate any security threats and / or network attacks.
- Responsible to oversee vendors during the installation, configuration, and integration of new infrastructure, e.g. routers, switches, etc.
- Working with our vendors and internal IT teams to manage hardware and software implementation to ensure they integrate effectively with other technologies through careful analysis of current system environment.
- Responsible for making sure that network design documentation is kept up-to-date.
- Making sure that after hours maintenance windows are properly coordinated to all stakeholders.
- Prepare status and activity metrics to track delivery of IT services, planned and unplanned system outages, other key IT performance metrics.
- Work with senior IT managers and project managers on various IT projects when required.
Work with vendors and other external service providers to ensure hardware and software standards for network, servers, databases, wireless technology, telephony networks, file & print services, etc. are being met. Be proactive in staying up-to-date with ongoing projects, projects in the pipeline, and operational issues that can affect the network Provide after hours support if required. Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or equivalent. Certifications in ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) an asset. Cisco certifications an asset, e.g. CCNA, CCNP, CCIE Experience: 8+ years IT experience with a minimum 5 years’ experience providing enterprise / large network support and implementation. Must have strong, hands-on technical knowledge of core systems such as JD Edwards, Oracle. Must have good familiarity with other IT infrastructure technologies such as large scale high performance storage systems, databases, telephony, cloud computing, point-of-sale (POS) technology, loyalty software, mainframe applications. Strong experience with networking systems: LAN, WAN, switches, routers, protocols, firewalls, VPN, wireless networks, security appliances, and network access security. Strong experience with VOIP telephony systems. Experience with security protocols and services and industry security standards, audit, compliance, and risk mitigation. Experience working in a vendor supported network environments. Microsoft certifications an asset. Human Relations: Strong relationship building skills required. Focus on being a win / win collaborator: resolution focused. Good listening skills. Strong communication skills. Client focused. Job Requirements – Work Experience Job Requirements – Education Location Saint John, NB
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saint John, NB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10