Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2017-02-11
Ipex Inc. Speciality Manager, ISO 9001 Corporate Quality Management System Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Speciality Manager, ISO 9001 Corporate Quality Management System
Coordinating, organizing and developing training activities based on sound quality management practices and communication tools pertaining to quality;…
Our Île-des-Sœurs Montreal location is currently seeking a Speciality Manager for its ISO 9001 Quality Management System. The incumbent will be responsible for managing development, revising, maintaining and ensuring compliance with the quality assurance program, in accordance with standards and procedures of ISO and IPEX for all production and administrative locations.
- Developing and maintaining the ISO Quality System as well as certification;
- Managing the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the quality control programs for products and purchased products in order to ensure continuous quality improvement;
- Managing implementation, maintenance and improvement of IPEX internal quality processes;
- Acting as a corporate agent of change and overseeing the enforcement of quality improvement;
- Working closely with plant, quality, purchasing and engineering managers;
- Leading the management and investigation activities of corporate customer complaints and assessing whether there are recurrences. Making recommendations for corrective steps;
- Managing the development of objectives and annual performance indicators related to quality, results review, gap analysis, corrective action identification and follow-ups to ensure strict implementation of action plans;
- Promoting strict adherence to problem solving processes;
- Coordinating, organizing and developing training activities based on sound quality management practices and communication tools pertaining to quality;
- Participating in all special new projects related to department processes or quality activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Industrial Engineering or operations management;
- 10 years’ experience in an environment that includes increasing responsibilities in quality assurance management in a regulated industry;
- Training and experience working with the regulatory requirements of ISO 9001 certification are required;
- Extensive knowledge of quality systems, policies and procedures;
- Expertise in continuous improvement tools : 5S, Kanban, JIT, Kaizen, PDCA and others;
- Ability to develop positive professional relationships at various levels of the organization;
- Systemic vision and ability to communicate and transform strategic directions into operational actions;
- Strong analytical capabilities and expertise in problem solving techniques;
- Strong demonstrated skills in effectively leading teams in root cause analysis;
- Bilingualism: French and English, spoken and written;
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Lean and Six Sigma principles are an asset;
- Continuous improvement black belt certification – an asset;
- ASQ certified auditor an asset;
- Availability for travel to the USA and across Canada;
- Good communication and negotiating skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
Job Type: Full-time