OverviewInvestment Advisor Assistant in London, ON
Branch London ON CA
Investment Advisor Assistant
Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and…
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Imagine working in a challenging, fast paced environment assisting the Investment Advisor in managing existing investment portfolios and developing new business, by providing service directly to clients, including the provision of investment information, taking buy/ sell orders, responding to account inquiries, and so much more.
While working in collaboration with your designated Investment Advisor, you will be helping your clients and partners achieve what matter to them.
Job Requirements –
Candidates must demonstrate a strong ability to build and foster successful relationships with clients and partners –
The ability to demonstrate sufficient basic understanding of investment portfolios and current knowledge of daily market activities in order to adequately provide and explain information to clients –
The capacity to inform and advise clients of maturing money market instruments, tender offers, redemptions, as well as matters in relation to dividends and interest
– The knowledge of how to re-invest funds as requested and knowledge of procedures related to buy/sell offers from clients and completing trade tickets
What We’re Looking For
– Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
– Must have successfully completed the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and the Conduct Practices Handbook (CPH)
– Must be currently registered or hold an Investment Representative status
– Must have previous experience within the financial industry
– Must have basic understanding of investment portfolios and current knowledge of daily market activities
– Should have working knowledge of various quotation equipment and computer software including word processing, spreadsheet and industry specific software.
– Should have organizational and administrative skills required to perform activities with varying degrees of priority.
What You Need to Know –
You must have prior legal authorization to work in the location for which you are applying –
Relocation assistance is not available with this opportunity
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-08-08