OverviewINTRIA Items Processing Clerk Part Time in Dartmouth, NS
Branch Dartmouth NS CA
Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and…
Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth-32 Troop Avenue
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business
, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this
and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit
Global Operations & INTRIA employs 6,000 people across five distinct operating units. These operating units provide a wide range of back office support critical to the successful delivery of products and services for CIBC clients in our Retail, Wealth Management and World Markets businesses.
INTRIA is a Canadian leader in financial services processing. Performing 1.4 billion item processing tasks annually, INTRIA serves a wide range of clients in the financial, utility, and retail sectors. INTRIA offers a comprehensive suite of integrated image-based services including currency management, remittance processing, and cheque clearing.
To learn more about INTRIA please visit
The Processing Clerk verifies, processes and balances incoming work, which can be completed on a variety of systems and machinery. The role must meet/exceed established productivity standards and Service Level Agreements (SLA) based on well-defined procedures and guidelines. This role performs routine activities in a processing environment and escalates issues as appropriate.
To help you determine whether this position is a match to your skills and interests, please take approximately 90 seconds to watch the following
What You’ll Be Doing
1. Demonstrates accurate and efficient processing of all incoming work by verifying, processing and balancing as required utilizing various systems and equipment within the department.
- Verifies and balances incoming items to ensure accuracy
- Processes items ensuring proper procedures and guidelines are followed
- Dispatches processed items to appropriate areas for further processing
- Maintains the processing equipment, if applicable
- Assists to meet all quality and timeline standards of INTRIA’s Service Level Agreements
- Ensures error targets are not exceeded
- Achieves productivity targets
2. Maintains adherence to all risk and governance standards by completing all required documentation thoroughly and ensuring that all processes and procedures are followed by:
- Maintains an accuracy rate within INTRIA standard
- Contributes to the reduction of privacy incidents
- Escalates issues as required
- Ensures work transitions to appropriate areas for further processing
3. Participates as a contributing team member in the department and assist in clerical duties such as filing, faxing, photocopying, ordering stationery and dispatch supplies to ensure department efficiency by:
- Demonstrates CIBC’s values of trust, teamwork and accountability
- Contributes to Action Plan development aimed at improving employee satisfaction
- Assists in training of new employees on procedures and guidelines to ensure transfer of knowledge
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in a branch banking environment or an items processing environment
- Knowledge of internal CIBC database systems and applications
- Ability to use general office equipment (e.g. adding machines, fax, photocopier, scanner, printer)
- Basic knowledge of PC skills and a Windows environment with the ability to toggle between programs
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) sufficiently to express an idea or thought
- Organizational skills sufficient to prioritize routine daily workload
What You Need To Know
- Processing and office environment
- Typically sitting or standing at a desk or table is required
- Occasional pushing or pulling of bins and carts or lifting (sometimes in excess of 20 lbs)
- Sustained visual concentration
- Shift work, if applicable
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Dartmouth, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31