OverviewInternational Financial Group Digital Marketing Event Strategist Contract in Mississauga, ON
International Financial Group
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Digital Marketing Event Strategist
Ability to create plans, project scope, and schedules to ensure all event logistics are properly budgeted, estimated, and scheduled….
Job Type: Contract
Role: Digital Marketing Event Strategist
Location: Mississauga, ON
Compensation: $40/hr – Depending on experience
Are you a modern marketing professional who is looking to have a key role in growing our clients business and transforming how we do marketing? Are you excited about shaping our events strategy and how we engage with customers, while working in a fast-paced and energizing environment? If your answer is yes, then this Digital Marketing Event Strategist position is right for you.
IFG is looking for a proven Digital Marketing Event Strategist who is creative, collaborative, and has a passion for strategy and doesn’t think about events in isolated way. We are looking for a modern marketer that can hit the ground running; an innovative thinker with experience in developing in person events, digital events or workshops that attract new customers, cross-sell to existing customers, and progresses pipeline to deliver business results. The Digital Marketing Event Strategist will specialize in Event Strategy, Management, and Execution; Digital & Social Media Surround Planning and coordination around events; and is a life long learner, hands-on marketer and resilient to change.
The candidate is responsible for co-creation and strategic execution of an end-to-end event strategy and activities which supports the objectives of our business. The candidate will lead tier one events execution and will also work with the Event desk and Campaign desk to minimize the number of in person events that are not driving to business objectives or are not landing the strategic events framework.
In this role, you are expected to apply analytics and insights to better understand attendees, their behaviors & interests, satisfaction level, and improve engagement — driving the continual optimization of future events, strategies, and plans. The candidate will work with the digital and social teams to develop a digital surround strategy that engages the target audience and drives their active participation to meet the objectives of the event and with the operations team to make sure that registration pages, lead management and connection to Marketing Automation platform is part of the strategy. The event strategist will contribute to ROB (rhythm of business) reporting and monthly/quarterly marketing and business reviews. The role will also make sure that event compliance scorecard maintains green level.
- Work with different portfolio/business groups and integrated marketing teams to translate business goals and objectives from marketing plans into compelling event strategies and plans that deliver engagement, leads, pipeline and revenue.
- Oversee the monthly In-person, Digital and third Party Event Calendar for Canada
- Set priorities in the implementation and creation of in person and digital events that support the business, program strategy/objectives, and integrated campaigns
- Lead pre-event, during and post event strategy thinking and consultancy
- Work with agencies and the integrated marketing team to ensure world-class quality event assets are produced (web content, campaign assets, emails, ads, graphics, webinars, videos, etc.)
- Work closely with the Marcom and Audience Marketing Management teams to ensure excellent go- to market plan execution when it comes to World wide, tier one events
- Work with agency partners as the primary lead in the development and delivery of event plans, assets, tactics and execution.
- Develop and deliver breakthrough ideas and innovative event activities / tactics that attract new buyers and drive engagement.
- Work to analyze and identify root cause and action plans to address event performance issues
- Track, measure and report event performance against agreed-upon metrics, working across to identify and analyze gaps and actions plans to course-correct event execution.
- Manage the overall creation and execution of events on budget, on time and on target.
- Communicate effectively, on a regularly scheduled cadence, to ensure stakeholder alignment.
- Ensure events are executed against our compliance imperatives
- Make executive recommendations on third party sponsorships
- Evangelize the use of our tools to enable proper measurement of event effectiveness (including satisfaction, cost per attendee, and leads volume)
- Decrease the volume of small and tier three events that are not connecting to prospects nurture programs or don’t work with the overall marketing strategy and audience journey
- Increase the % of digital and on demand content that can help the business scale
- Increase YoY attendance and attribution to pipeline and revenue for Global led, tier one events.
- Keep green compliance scorecard.
- Maximize satisfaction survey return rate and level of satisfaction (events NSAT)
- Increase number of net new contacts in our database
- 10+ years related work experience required.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Event marketing experience required.
- Event management with experience in a variety of event types in person and digital (trade shows, conferences, seminars, client engagement).
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to report on ROAS
- Knowledge of lead management tools, marketing automation platforms preferred
- Ability to take initiative be proactive, and work independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including planning, prioritizing, setting timelines, and driving the delivery of work on multiple efforts concurrently.
- Demonstrated track record of managing, supporting, and executing successful events and communications.
- Ability to create plans, project scope, and schedules to ensure all event logistics are properly budgeted, estimated, and scheduled.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact across different levels of the organization
- Creative thinking and an energetic and positive approach to facing challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Communications required.
- Optional but beneficial: related Events Certification
For consideration, please send your resume to jennifer @ifgpr.com with “Digital Marketing Event Strategist” in the subject line.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24