OverviewINTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE – ACUTE (MATERNITY SERVICES) Temporary in Vernon, BC
INTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY
Branch Vernon BC CA
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE – ACUTE (MATERNITY SERVICES)
You will administer oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications in accordance with pharmaceutical and organizational policies and procedures….
: LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE – ACUTE (MATERNITY SERVICES) Community : VERNON Facility : VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL Status : CASUAL
Are you a Licensed Practical Nurse experienced in Perinatal and Pediatric Services? We are seeking an LPN who is passionate about working with clients ranging from newborn to adult in our Women and Children Health Services at the Vernon Jubilee Hospital…Apply today!
This position includes assignments focused on Perinatal, Pediatric and Gyne services.
As the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you will work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team ,perform assessments, plan, implement and provide personal and nursing care to patients/residents/clients. You will administer oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications in accordance with pharmaceutical and organizational policies and procedures. The scope or extent of the skills that the LPN performs varies according to the predictability of the outcome for a given client population. The LPN operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and full scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
Typical duties include:
• Assess and monitor clients’ full range of physiological and psychological needs.
• Contribute to the development and ongoing changes to the individualized plan of care.
• Perform nursing procedures, interventions and associated charting and reporting.
• Provide personal care to clients, assist with activities of daily living related to designated population.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary from 0 – 37.5 hours per week. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including relief and permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual positions and lead to regular employment.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full practicing licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia (CLPNBC).
• Current CPR certification required.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Vernon, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21