OverviewInterior Community Services Youth Justice Worker Part Time in Kamloops, BC
Interior Community Services
Branch Kamloops BC CA
Youth Justice Worker
Valid Class V driver’s license, safe driving record, own reliable vehicle insured with Business Use and 5 Million liability….
Interior Community Services is looking to fill a permanent part-time position in the new Intensive Support and Supervision Program (ISSP). ISSP provides an alternative-to-custody sentencing option for youth in conflict with the law, and/or supports the re-integration of young offenders in the community following a period in custody; assisting youth to address factors leading to their illegal behaviours and improve their functioning in the community. This role provides support and monitoring to youth in complying with the conditions of their probation order, and assists the Youth Probation team in providing supervision to young offenders in the community.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree (preferred) or Diploma in related Human/Social Service field and two years’ experience working with young offenders.
- Valid Class V driver’s license, safe driving record, own reliable vehicle insured with Business Use and 5 Million liability
- Valid CPR- C, Non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI), and Suicide Intervention training (ASIST) training
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Youth Justice System
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and interact effectively and support youth with challenging
- Strong experience providing support, life skills development, interventions and guidance to youth
- Strong ability to recognize, assess and deal effectively with aggressive/and or physically assaultive
behaviour and crisis situations
- Strong ability to uphold policies and procedures and ensure plans are carried out.
- Strong demonstrated ability to develop healthy relationships and boundaries with youth
- Ability to work co-operatively and effectively with co-workers, supervisor and other professionals
- Strong ability to problem solve and make ethical decisions
- Strong time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to adhere to the Code of Ethics, confidentiality, policies and values of ICS
- Must be able to travel frequently and work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and split shifts to meet client needs
- Position is 7.5 hours/week.
- Pay starts at $ 18.31/hr as per the General Services Collective agreement
- Successful candidate must provide proof of safe driving record and satisfactory criminal record searches.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23