OverviewInterior Community Services Adult Living Support Worker Temporary in Kamloops, BC
Interior Community Services
Branch Kamloops BC CA
Adult Living Support Worker
Knowledge and comfort in performing personal care. Ability to effectively liaise and communicates between client and their care….
Interior Community Services is looking to fill two temporary full-time positions of Adult Living Support Worker in one of our assisted living homes.
These roles provide care to 2 adults with autism, moderate to severe behavioral and developmental challenges and medical needs in a home setting and respond effectively to the clients’ needs and behaviors. The duties include carrying out the behavioral plan, administering mediations, performing personal care, connecting the individuals with the community, building on their individual capabilities, and accompanying them on outings and appointments. This position is also responsible for shopping, cooking, cleaning and general maintenance of the home.
REQUIRED EDUCATION,TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in related Human/Social Service field and one year related experience working with individuals with autism and/or moderate to severe behavioural and developmental challenges.
- Valid Class V driver’s license
- Valid CPR- C and Foodsafe certifications
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI), Suicide Intervention training (ASIST) and specific training related to the individual’s needs and behaviors will be provided internally
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interact effectively and support individuals with moderate to several behavioural and developmental challenges.
- Strong experience providing life skills support and development in the home and community
- Ability to provide appropriate behaviour management intervention by following behavioural/care plans of the individuals
- Ability to provide emotional support by teaching coping techniques and adaptive behaviour to clients.
- Strong ability to recognize, analyze and deal effectively with aggressive behaviours and crisis situations using appropriate interventions, including CPI
- Knowledge and comfort in performing personal care
- Ability to effectively liaise and communicates between client and their care
- Ability to advocate for the best interests of the individuals
- Ability to support clients in gaining independence.
- Ability to follow health and safety protocols and procedures
- Knowledge and skill in connecting individuals with appropriate community resources
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a strong member of a team
- Good communication, documentation, interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Ability to work co-operatively and effectively with other professionals, co-workers and supervisors
Temporary Full-time evenings Tuesday – Saturday (36 hrs)
Temporary Full-time evenings Thursday – Monday (36 hrs)
Pay starts at $ 17.44/hr as per collective agreement. Positions over 20 hours per week include eligibility for extended health and dental benefit coverage. Permanent full time positions include pension participation.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23