OverviewIntercorp Holdings Ltd. Equipment Operator Foreman Temporary in Kamloops, BC
Intercorp Holdings Ltd.
Branch Kamloops BC CA
Equipment Operator Foreman
Must be able to walk throughout the construction work site, navigating around construction materials and equipment safely….
The ideal applicant will have a minimum of 15 years of proven experience in the excavation construction industry in commercial and/or institutional projects. This position requires working in a fast paced environment and commitment to meet strict deadlines in both emergency and non-emergency situations. You have a proven track record for managing staff, equipment, budgets, and project planning. Your strong communication and leadership skills will enable you to directly supervise projects and ensure they are progressing in an efficient manner
- Create and execute site specific project plans, and schedules, while ensuring the implementation of a safe work environment throughout the jobsite; adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements.
- Coordinate labor and equipment requirements
- Provide clear direction, supervise, direct, coach and train equipment operators and labourers
- Manage construction costs and budgets
- Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts; anticipate and resolve project issues and schedule difficulties
- Ensures that the quality of materials and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in contract specification documents
- Participate in project meetings and effectively support overall project efforts
- Will be required to safely operate various equipment such as excavators, dozers, loaders, CATs & skidsteers
- Conduct on-site daily tool box safety meeting. The meeting will include general topics as well as site specific topics required each day.
- Complete daily reports as required
- Perform other duties as required
Skills and abilities
- Ability to speak, read and write English, as well as be able to interpret blueprints, construction plans, specifications, data sheets, project hazard analysis forms, instructions, manuals and any other general company or specific project related safety documents.
- Ability to plan and manage a project schedule
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Must be physically fit and able to lift and control equipment and materials up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to walk throughout the construction work site, navigating around construction materials and equipment safely
- 8-10 years of experience working in a supervisory role; a combination of civil and commercial construction experience is considered an asset
- Completion of post-secondary education in Construction or related discipline
- 2 year college diploma and/or apprenticeship in related trades
- Ability to apply basic engineering principles to construction challenges
- Proficiency with visualizing the entire project and anticipating constructability issues and embed solutions in the construction plans and schedules
- Class 5 Drivers Licence with clean driver’s abstract
- TDG Certification
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18