OverviewIntercorp Holdings Ltd. Class 1 Driver Temporary in Kamloops, BC
Intercorp Holdings Ltd.
Branch Kamloops BC CA
Class 1 Driver
Must have valid Class 1 driver’s license with Air Endorsement and clean driver’s abstract. Class 3 driver’s licence would be an asset. Class 1 Driver….
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience driving commercial trucks, pups and lowbed trailers, hauling equipment and materials in a construction setting. Driver will be responsible for loading and transporting and unloading equipment and materials for various construction projects.
- Transport, deliver and retrieve construction equipment, materials and supplies
- Observe safety rules and regulations at company and customer job sites, facilities
- Operate commercial or non-commercial vehicle in a safe and efficient manner
- Promote professionalism and excellent customer service attitude
- Perform all appropriate pre and post vehicle inspection
- Ensure all delivery documents are properly maintained during the workday and are available for inspection upon request by management
- Inspect trucks and trailers for defects and safe operating condition, before, during, and after delivery trips
- Safely secure construction equipment, materials and other equipment
- Maintain open communication with Manager for delivery schedules
- Report to the manager or supervisor any damage to company property
- Promptly report all accidents involving driver or company equipment to Manager
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions, or any other problem relating to timely pickups or delivery of equipment
- Maintain flexibility in daily routine, to respond to Managers response to customer demands
- Ensure proper paperwork & logs are maintained accurately
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to secure loads safely
- Professional customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge and ability to operate heavy equipment would be an asset
- Class 3 driver’s licence would be an asset
- Must be physically fit and able to lift and control equipment and materials up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to walk around vehicle to conduct inspections, enter and exit the truck
- Must be physically able to secure loads as required
- Minimum of 5 year driving experience with truck, pup and lowbeds
- Knowledge and understanding of the traffic rules and regulations
- Basic math, reading and writing
- Must have valid Class 1 driver’s license with Air Endorsement and clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to pass Drug and Alcohol Testing
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address may receive their written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address provided with their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18