OverviewInteraXon Biosignal Research Engineer Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Biosignal Research Engineer
In Biomedical Engineering or related field. Your background could come from computer science, engineering, mathematics, biosignals or neuroscience….
InteraXon has recently launched the second generation of our consumer wearable EEG product “Muse: the brain sensing headband”. We also have created the Muse mobile app which works with the Muse headband to guide users on how to meditate while giving them real-time feedback on how they are doing.
Our research team is looking to welcome a researcher to their team who has experience with machine learning and digital signal processing applied to EEG data to determine brainwave metrics of cognitive functions and states.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- You are detailed-oriented and enthusiastic with good communication skills and a great work ethic.
- You can analyse multi-electrode EEG signals.
- Develop Brain Computer Interfaces in response to brainwave processing.
- Multivariate feature extraction and selection across possibly thousands of correlations, relationships, causations, trends, and dynamic variations.
- Develop new visualization techniques to aid human interpretation of complex interactions.
- Apply signal processing techniques such as STFT, DWT, Hilbert transform.
- Apply machine learning techniques such as LDA, SVM, NN, Information Theory and spatial techniques such as CSP.
- Bachelors, Masters and/or PhD. in Biomedical Engineering or related field. Your background could come from computer science, engineering, mathematics, biosignals or neuroscience. Ideally but not necessarily an overlap of all of the above.
- Strong experience with Matlab.
- Breadth and depth of all branches of machine learning: supervised, unsupervised, semi-supervised, statistical analysis, probability theory, information theory, symbolic AI and data mining techniques .
- Research design and statistics experience.
- Must be a highly dynamic and motivated scientific mind.
- Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues.
Additional Qualifications (assets, but not required):
- Strong experience with Python.
- Deep machine learning methods.
- Advanced digital signal processing techniques.
- Understanding of neuroscience.
- Experience with EEG data collection.
- Experience with statistics software such as R.
Where we are:
We are located in Toronto at 511 King Street West in vibrant King West. The 504 King 510 Spadina streetcars are steps from our office. Excellent coffee shops abound, or we serve Jimmy’s coffee at the office.
Benefits & Perks:
- Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Life insurance, long term disability
- Stock options
- Be part of a tight-knit, trusting, authentic, joyful, lively, and human-focused team
- Meditation and yoga sessions each week
- Rooftop patio with BBQ
Our mission is to create engaging and meaningful experiences based on brain sensing technology — apps that help people live healthier and happier lives. We design, engineer, and implement these systems in-house from the ground up with our robust, agile, and diverse team. Our work environment behind-the-scenes reflects the core values that drive every product InteraXon builds.
Our work has been featured in global press including Forbes, the New York Times, and TechCrunch, and has won awards across the industry. See what people are saying: http://www.choosemuse.com/what-are-people-saying/
Interaxon is a private company and is venture capital funded.
Start Date for this role is in the summer of 2016
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-20