OverviewIntact Underwriter I, Personal Lines Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Underwriter I, Personal Lines
Excellent customer service skills. Participates in insurance industry functions and marketing events. Completion or commitment to achieve Chartered Insurance…
Do you have a sales orientation to go along with analytical skills and a talent for building relationships? Are you a customer-driven individual eager to get your foot in the door with a national industry-leading organization? Do you want to work in an environment that believes in growth and development and offers various career opportunities?
In this Personal Lines Underwriter position , you will determine and control risk acceptance, risk improvement, declination and cancellation of underwriting policies for an assigned territory. With an eye on building a profitable book of business, you will authorize coverage, limits and pricing in accordance with established Company objectives, policies, practices, standards, applicable laws and regulations.
As a Personal Lines Underwriter, you will:
• Develop and manage relationships with an assigned group of brokers to develop a lasting and profitable relationship, including broker visits.
• Identity opportunities to promote Intact’s personal insurance products and increase sales.
• Accept, reject, endorse, renew or cancel contracts following company underwriting policies/procedures, applicable laws and regulations and subject to authority level as specified by underwriting manager.
• Answer inquiries and make recommendations to brokers through verbal and written correspondence.
• Be proficient in the use and knowledge of company production procedures and in the use of computer systems relating to the underwriting function.
• Review underwriting reports and make recommendations as required.
• Review claim reports and the Claims Exception List, and produce an After Loss Underwriting Report.
• Ensure a profit/loss ratio according to the Business Plan established for the department.
• Assisting the Manager with special projects and re-underwrites to help with the performance of the department.
• Training brokers on underwriting matters.
• Assesses and evaluates risks.
• Participates in insurance industry functions and marketing events.
• University degree or College diploma.
• 2-5 years of personal lines underwriting work experience and auto experience.
• Demonstrated efficiency and priority management skills to meet service standards and complete daily work.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Must be able to interpret policy wording and legal documents.
• Completion or commitment to achieve Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation .
• Computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, internet.
• Knowledge of Intact software an asset.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada upon hire. Proof of eligibility for permanent roles may come in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.
This posting closes December 15, 2016 11:59 PM MST.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06