OverviewIntact Claims Assistant (6 Month Contract) Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Claims Assistant (6 Month Contract)
As a Claims Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative assistance and front-line quality customer service in the settlement of insurance…
Are you detail-oriented and enjoy providing excellent customer service? Are you eager to get your foot in the door with a national industry-leading organization? Are you looking for a financially strong and stable company? Do you want to work in an environment that believes in growth and development and offers various career opportunities?
As a Claims Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative assistance and front-line quality customer service in the settlement of insurance Claims. You will:
- Prepare forms and correspondence to insurance clients, vendors and legal representatives
- Administer file storage and retrieval process for closed files
- Provide various administrative support activities such as photocopying, scanning, etc (where required)
- Open new claims and assign appropriate claims adjusters
- Process, coordinate, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Process payments on claim files
- Identify process improvements to management
- High School or College Diploma including business/administration training
- 3 months to 1 year of work experience
- Ability to consistently perform at a superior level with respect to both the accuracy and volume of work completed
- Effective communications skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Strong computer skills or training with standard office applications including strong data entry skills
As part of Intact’s selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
Intact Financial Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process
This posting closes on February 14, 2017.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility for temporary roles may come in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation and/or a Canadian work permit, which authorizes you to work for the duration of the assignment.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10