OverviewInSync Costumer Service Analyst – Help Desk Contract in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Costumer Service Analyst – Help Desk
Provide direct technical support to end-users to troubleshoot problems in an efficient and effective manner. This position liaises with the appropriate internal…
InSync Systems is an IT recruitment agency that works with small to large corporate clients to connect them with the best people in the Industry.
Our client is seeking a Customer Service Analyst for a contract position in Calgary. This position is responsible for a wide variety of support, training, and maintenance activities. The Customer Service Analyst supports CPM Retail locations in the day-to-day fulfillment of user assistance requests, investigation of incidents, and troubleshooting. This position supports the core end-user POS equipment, peripherals, end-user computing devices, and productivity software, resolving situations as they arise.
The Customer Service Analyst is familiar with queue management techniques to ensure prompt and efficient service and can manage access control to remote systems. This position liaises with the appropriate internal/external support teams and third party’s vendors for support and escalation.
This position requires 24/7 comprised of a 6-week shift work cycle (days, afternoons & overnights) .
- Provide direct technical support to end-users to troubleshoot problems in an efficient and effective manner
- Log all incoming calls in an Incident Management tool and resolve and / or escalate calls as required, managing the full life-cycle of all service requests
- Ensure that knowledge entries in the support knowledge-base are up to date and consistent in structure and quality
- Provide ad hoc training to Retailers and their staff for operation of the POS system
- Upgrade POS systems with new releases of software
- Stage, configure, and deploy POS hardware and peripherals to new sites and for end of life replacement
- Support business projects or changes in business practices with remote configuration changes to POS systems
- Perform security and access control activities such as PCI maintenance, active directory accounts, local user privileges, etc.
- Research and recover transactions that did not process correctly or were disputed by customers
- 2-5 years of experience providing direct technical support to end users via telephone or e-mail to troubleshoot problems in an efficient and effective manner
- Experience logging incoming calls in an Incident Management tool and resolving and / or escalating calls as required
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience in effectively interacting and communicating with business end users
- Must have a proven track exemplary customer service and the ability to exercise good judgement, within established procedures and policies
- Strong documentation skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong ability to work independently as well as contributing within a team environment
- Experience working with IS in an oil and gas domain
- College diploma or university degree in business or information systems
- Knowledge of POS environments
- ITIL Foundations
- Experience in prioritizing and allocating incidents and queue management
- Experience in access control activities such as active directory accounts, local user privileges, etc.
1 year contract to start as soon as possible (January 15th, 2018 to January 14th, 2019)
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11