OverviewInstructional Designer in Winnipeg, MB
Great West Life
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
As an Instructional Designer, you want to be part of our Great-West Life Group Disability Best Practice & Training team (Winnipeg-based), focused on developing…
As an Instructional Designer, you want to be part of our Great-West Life Group Disability Best Practice & Training team (Winnipeg-based), focused on developing training for the Group Disability organization by analyzing performance/training needs, designing training programs and delivering training to leaders and staff across Canada. You assimilate to Group Insurance Disability business and processes quickly, and build on that knowledge. You are committed to living our values of customer view, integrity, partnership and community.
You’ve demonstrated that you can analyze organizational needs, design and implement comprehensive training solutions and meet the identified needs. You have developed and implemented comprehensive e-learning using a variety of authoring tools. You have conducted performance needs analysis and have practical knowledge of adult learning. You can effectively evaluate training programs and recommend improvements. You have previously worked with a learning management system; including publishing courses, organizing training content and using reporting functions.
Qualifications and Competencies :
- University Degree/College Diploma with 4-7 years of proven instructional design work experience; have or are pursuing an instructional design designation
- Proficient use of e-learning authoring tools such as Articulate, Storyline and/or Studio
- Experience working with a learning management system
- Highly analytical and inquisitive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Solid creativity and problem-solving skills
- Proven organization and time management skills, experienced at handling multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines
- Proven practice working in a team environment
- Working knowledge of the insurance industry particularly Group Disability business knowledge would be an asset
- Proficient with MS Office suite including: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word
- Ability to excel within a Purpose-driven environment
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity…
Apply with cover letter and resume to www.greatwestlife.com by Monday, November 3, 2014.
We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities. You can grow your career with us while giving, growing and connecting with the world around us.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals – in finance, accounting, general business and actuarial disciplines, for example – are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2014-10-18