OverviewInstitute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences Research Analyst Full Time in Toronto, ON
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences
Branch Toronto ON CA
Please quote job# RED-16-01. Enhancing expertise in the use of administrative and other health data. Two to five years experience with health administrative…
ICES is seeking a research analyst to work collaboratively with ICES researchers, applying research methodology in the context of health services administrative data.
The research analyst reports to the research program manager in their assigned program. The research analyst will work collaboratively with the project team and under the direction of the principal investigator (PI) or staff scientist, will provide analytic input to, and complete their assigned projects.
Responsibilities of the position include, but may not be limited to:
- Enhancing expertise in the use of administrative and other health data
- Assembling meaningful datasets for examining research questions
- Conducting exploratory and statistical analyses of the data
- Participating in developing study designs
- Interpreting results
- Producing reports and documentation
- Participating in writing papers for peer-reviewed journals
- Continuing to maintain and expand professional skills
- Performing other duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- MSc. in biostatistics, statistics, epidemiology or related field
- Advanced knowledge of SAS and other data management tools, at the “Certified SAS Advanced Programmer” level an asset
- Facility with macro writing and SQL an asset
- An aptitude for research methodology
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Creativity in developing data measures and initiative in resolving data anomalies
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Two to five years experience with health administrative databases would be an asset
This position is a two year full-time contract with the possibility of renewal located at ICES Central.
ICES offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits, and participation in a defined benefit pension plan with HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan).
Interested candidates should submit their resume, and cover letter detailing how their knowledge, skills and abilities match the scope of this position to the attention of:
Human Resources Department
Please quote job# RED-16-01
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at ICES. Due to the volume of applications received, only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted for further discussions.
ICES is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, and applicants are asked to make their needs known.
Apply by Email: [email protected]
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31