OverviewInnerChange Foundation Executive Director Contract in Lower Mainland, BC
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Lower Mainland, BC
A sound understanding of the science and policy aspects of mental health and addiction. InnerChange Foundation (the Foundation) exists to help transform the…
Employment Opportunity: Executive Director – InnerChange Foundation
InnerChange Foundation’s mandate is to drive innovation and change through providing funding and leadership to improve the health outcomes for those living with mental health and addiction challenges. InnerChange Foundation (the Foundation) exists to help transform the public health response to severe drug addiction and mental health challenges in British Columbia. We do this in alignment with our values of: Accountability, Dignity, Partnership, and Innovation.
The Foundation’s operations and program initiatives are funded with the generous support of individuals, corporations, foundations and from time to time with project funding from government. The Foundation is about to embark on a major new provincial health and addiction initiative.
The Foundation is currently seeking a bright, articulate and dynamic Executive Director who will work closely with the board to manage the Foundation and realize its mission.
This position will initially be on a part-time basis (3 days per week) and home-based. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of excellent communication, resourcefulness and disciplined organizational management, and will need to be an independent worker and a quick learner.
Scope of Position – Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day management and organization of all activities of the Foundation. The Executive Director’s responsibilities include:
- Provide effective support to an active and committed board of directors
- Liaise with the Foundation’s advisors, partners and funders.
- Develop, co-ordinate and implement fundraising plans and activities,
- Actively promote community awareness of the Foundation’s goals and activities,
- Provide leadership, structure and financial controls for the Foundation,
- Ensure attention to detail and transparency in the management and execution of all the Foundation’s programs and activities,
- Ensure the efficient and effective use of the Foundation’s resources.
- Act as principal spokesperson for the Foundation.
- Represent the Foundation at meetings of related organizations and in discussions concerning the Foundation’s mission.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have:
- excellent communication, negotiation and organization skills
- a bright mind and charismatic personality
- prior experience as senior manager with fundraising experience in the health sector
- a sound understanding of the science and policy aspects of mental health and addiction
- a good network and reputation in the health and philanthropic sectors
- A proven track record of planning and executing projects through to success
- experience collaborating with governments and governmental agencies on the development and implementation of projects
- demonstrated ability to directly support governing bodies such a boards of directors in their decision-making processes
- willingness to travel occasionally throughout BC
- proven skills as a good team player and organizational leader
- a great deal of resourcefulness and the ability to work independently
- comfort with office technology
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
- Before October 1 st , 2015. Hiring is subject to reference checks and execution of a contract of employment.
Application deadline: August 21, 2015
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Surrey, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31