OverviewIngersoll Rand Field Service Technician Full Time in Quebec City, QC
Branch Quebec City QC CA
Field Service Technician
Quebec City, QC
Broad technical IT knowledge and awareness of industry trends. Experience in IT. Troubleshoot, assist and work with other IT team members to resolve user…
At Ingersoll Rand we’re passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® – work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Field Service Technicians are the customer facing team of the IT organization providing local IT support services in a self-directed manner that is focused on meeting team goals and the goals of the IT organization. A Field Service Technician is responsible for daily break/fix activities, user request fulfillment, PC setup and deployments to end users, and onsite support for other infrastructure teams.
Responsibilities: · Onsite break/fix support in both office and manufacturing environments (PC’s/multifunction printers/conference room equipment).
· Ongoing operational responsibilities for defined solutions.
· Perform technical, administrative, and support work in the installation and operation of new and existing PC systems.
· Execute defined client computing lifecycle processes.
· Assist with support of business/sector specific infrastructure.
· Assist with support and hands on activities of network and server infrastructure.
· Troubleshoot, assist and work with other IT team members to resolve user support issues.
· Follow and promote defined ticket management procedures including the use of standard ticket management tools.
· Work as part of a team to deploy defined technology solutions to physical location and business users.
· Participate in project teams that improve IT and business operations.
· Provide user training when necessary.
Qualifications: · Four year Bachelor’s or 2 year Associates degree in IT related field or equivalent years of experience in an IT career.
· Minimum 3 years job experience in IT.
· Broad technical IT knowledge and awareness of industry trends
· Operational Excellence – Root Cause Analysis, process, risk reduction, security and controls, change management
· Advanced troubleshooting skills
· Relationship management and conflict resolution management
· Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8)
· Microsoft Office Suites (2007,2010,2013)
· Microsoft Software (SharePoint, Lync, Visio)
· PC Hardware troubleshooting (Dell)
· Printer Desktop/Multifunction (Xerox)
Key Competencies: · Self-motivated and able to work with limited direction
· Must possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Will be required to interact with a wide range of users
· Must be able to organize work to meet objectives
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a team setting required
· Ability to work as part of a virtual team
· Success working in cross functional teams
· Experience in effective relationship/conflict management
· Customer service
· User incident and request ticketing systems
· Remote Support
· Multitasking with prioritization
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Candidate must be willing to perform job duties in manufacturing environment as necessary. Also must frequently use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Quebec
Work Locations : St Laurent QC Pitfield Blvd
3535 Pitfield Blvd
ST. LAURENT H4S 1H3
Job : Information Technology
Schedule : Full-time
Shift : Day Job
Employee Status : Regular
Job Type : Experienced
Job Posting : Aug 17, 2015, 10:30:33 AM
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Quebec City, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18