OverviewIndustrial Development Representative (Financial Specialist) in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Industrial Development Representative (Financial Specialist)
explanation of variances identified. • Support auditors’ requests regarding Finance issues. • Risk management support to Project Management team to control…
• Economic evaluation of investment projects to ascertain the financial viability, and selection of best alternatives in terms of profits and costs.
• Support to tender documents review & bid evaluation process, amendments to existing contracts, contract clarifications, verification of contractual payments, control of projects interests with necessary bonds, warrantees, and insurances, evaluation of contractors, and close out activities.
• Development of methodologies to evaluate the financial and technical capacity of contractors to carry out work.
• Management of annual operating and capital budgets, forecast analysis, monitoring, and reporting of deviations along with recommended corrective actions.
• Forecasting, analysis and monitoring of cash flows based on cash requirements, short-term investments and borrowings.
• Identification and assessment of operational risks, and development of insurance strategies to mitigate and fund the exposures.
• Improvement of process performance through the identification of weaknesses and process redesign, to reduce the task completion time.
• Analysis of monthly financial statements and report of management information regarding business performance with explanation of variances identified.
• Support auditors’ requests regarding Finance issues.
• Risk management support to Project Management team to control risks inherent with projects, to reduce the insurance costs.
• Contract support in contract negotiations as required (including finalization of all commercial and financial terms – performance bond, retention, parent company guarantee, payment terms, liability for late delivery, aggregate liability, guarantee period, termination and other sanction of contract, warranty bond) prepare commercial evaluations and recommendations to Management for award (Commercial BID Analysis).
• Contract award, preparation of final contract documentation (General T&C, Compensation, Bank Guarantees & Bond, Scope of Work, Insurance Scheme, Time Schedule, HSE specifications, Packing Appendix etc.) and execution of contracts.
• Draft all types of Contractual correspondence including official facsimiles and letters to Client and all types of communications with subcontractors.
• Review, approve and process invoices, issue agendas, minute review meetings held with the contractors, initiate and process contract changes, establish the validity of all claims raised by contractors
• Timely cash collection and credit risk analysis
• Instigate claim negotiations, prepare contract variations and close-out.
• Cost control and estimating support.
• Complete contract reconciliation and closeout
• Monitor expenditures, plan revenues and potential risks
• Analyze budget forecasts
• Manage project resources
• Calculate and transfer monthly salary/resolve HR issues of employees
• Integrate accounting processes
• Conducting financial analysis
• Negotiate loan agreements
• Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends
• Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
• Petro-Techna International Ltd. offers Supplemental health insurance package (medical, dental, life insurance) to the successful candidate.
• Strong analytical & negotiating skills
• Strong communications skills
• At least 10 years of working knowledge of petroleum industry.
• At least 5 years in a decision making position
• A bachelor’s degree in economics, commerce, business administration or public administration
Indicate how job seekers should apply
Applicants interested may send resumes to our email [email protected]
Alternatively, applicants can apply on our website http://www.petro-techna.com/employment
Apply by date
Salary or pay level
CAD$58,177.60 (40 hr/week)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-08-05