OverviewIndus Travels Inc. Travel Sales Consultant Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Indus Travels Inc.
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Travel Sales Consultant
Want to sell travel, but to sell an experience – broadening horizons and. Do you have the right stuff for a career in the Travel Industry?…
Do you have the right stuff for a career in the Travel Industry?
The passion for travel and the zest for adventure? Due to our continued growth, we are always looking for people to fit into our team of wanderlust employees. We’re looking for energetic people who don’t just want to sell travel, but to sell an experience – broadening horizons and opening minds to what the world has to offer.
The Inside Sales Consultant assists with the successful and profitable sales & running of all Indus Group and FIT trips and other specified travel products, to the standards stipulated by Indus. The Inside sales Consultant is part of the Inside Sales department handling all aspects of Group and FIT tours throughout worldwide destinations that Indus travels to (outbound). Responsibilities will include sales, communicating with clients, assisting with the administrative components of planning and operating our client’s trips, regular communication with our suppliers, as well as general office duties and administrative support for our team.
- Organize and coordinate Group tours and FIT clients while keeping within established budgets
- Creating and managing tour costings
- Negotiating with suppliers to reach desired trip costs
- Work with ground suppliers to ensure they understand the style of tour and the requirements of the client
- Communicate all aspects of the tour with the client and produce the detailed operational itinerary
- Invoice the client on a timely basis
- Track supplier prepayments/deposits
- Create and package documents for the client. Review travel documentation for accuracy
- Entering client information into our in-house database system and maintaining records within this system
- Collect post tour feedback and analyze for future improvement of tours
- Attend supplier functions in Vancouver and develop product knowledge through attending fam trips
- Assist with Sales team projects
- Keep manager informed of complicated events
- Tourism sales & operations background is an asset
- Knowledge of world geography and tourism products is an asset
- Knowledge of international tourism products is an asset
- Cross cultural communication skills and experience is an asset
- Some experience in tour operations an asset
- Competent in use of microsoft office products and internet
Benefits We offer above average salary plus target based incentives. Indus also offers extended health ins. benefits, banked hrs.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16