OverviewIndigo Books & Music Online Merchandiser (6 month contract) Temporary in Toronto, ON
Indigo Books & Music
Branch Toronto ON CA
Online Merchandiser (6 month contract)
Integration with overall retail merchandising/marketing planning; Must be comfortable acting in a technology based environment and driving improvements with…
Job Description WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Online Merchandiser, IndigoKids will drive the merchandising of the Toys, Kids’ Books and Baby categories and create, maintain and analyze our online brand and category pages and assist in the planning, strategizing and setting up of creative content on our website. The Online Merchandiser supports conversion and sales goals.
• Support merchandising of the IndigoKids categories driven by: monitoring of core sales, search, browse, conversion metrics; merchandising activity and plan; category trends, new & hot product releases, current events and newsworthy media/trends; integration with overall retail merchandising/marketing planning; and inventory levels/availability.
• Work collaboratively with the merchant teams to support their online product line up and with the online user experience team to improve site design, drive new tools and update website features.
• Apply advanced techniques in data and automation to ensure site experiences that are data-driven and optimized to generate long term customer loyalty.
• Champion testing and optimization approaches within the site merchandising team, ensuring data driven decision making.
• Drive maximum site productivity through product engagement and conversion, aligning products and content to customer behavior.
• Co-ordinate the development and execution or placement of category-related and other promotional online banners
• Provide support to Online Marketing through product knowledge, category insight, quality-assurance
• Coordinate with Marketing for Search and Affiliate optimization (SEO copy, Affiliate links)
• Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and related IT testing requirements for site enhancement and maintenance releases
• Must be comfortable acting in a technology based environment and driving improvements with technical tools (programming is not required).
Qualifications WHO YOU ARE:
• 1-3 years of ecommerce or online marketing experience
• Good working knowledge with HTML and some experience with a content management system
• Bachelor of Arts Degree or College Degree
• Previous experience copywriting, editing and proofreading
• An industry-level knowledge of and passion for Books, Home Décor, Style and Paper
Additional Information Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10