OverviewIMP Group Supply Chain Analyst – OWSS Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Supply Chain Analyst – OWSS
Professional Logistics (P. Proactive management of stock levels, distribution and logistics. The primary responsibility will be to maximize the effectiveness…
The primary responsibility will be to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of Supply Chain Services in support of the CP 140 Aurora Optimized Weapons Systems Management Program using the Canadian Forces Supply System (CFSS). The position will work in conjunction with Life Cycle Asset Managers as well as company and DND Technical Authorities (TA), to provide responsive procurement and supply support to the CP140 Fleet.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Planning and preparation of documentation associated with the procurement and contracting of forecasted requirements in support of the CP 140 Aurora prime air vehicle (PAV).
- Maintain efficient inventory control and management of assigned CP140 PAV materials.
- Advise Asset Managers on the procurement and distribution of goods and services necessary to support the fleet.
- Work effectively with parts buyers, Asset Managers and material support representatives (internal and external) to ensure all assigned CFSS parts bins are responsively replenished to avoid High Priority Requirements (HPRs) and stock-out situations.
- Liaise effectively with Canadian Forces (CF) base/depot supply personnel, and on-site CF representatives.
- Prepare and maintain accurate HPR status reports for Asset Managers and for OWSS program management.
- Monitor and report on CP140 PAV supply chain performance metrics.
- Convene and attend meetings with colleagues, supervisors and management to aid in resolution of material supply problems.
- Management of assigned stock codes and changes to the Procurement Authority list.
- Proactive management of stock levels, distribution and logistics.
- Review / action / reconcile referred demands and recommended re-order buy requirements.
- Review / action / reorder point and reorder quantity information from the CFSS and adjust as required to ensure CF depot inventory levels for CP140 PAV items are adequate to ensure a high level of mission readiness.
- Coordinate special inventory projects for aircraft support
- Carry out investigations to determine causes for repetitive material supply problems and initiate or recommend corrective actions.
- Read, understand, comply with, and suggest improvements for all inventory-related company procedures and directives.
- Maintain efficient inventory control and management of assigned materials.
- Be responsible for initial cataloguing support, preparing reports on parts replenishment, repair and overhaul and materials disposal.
- Satisfy customers in a professional manner and perform other functions as required.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Ideally the candidate will have a post-secondary education or equivalent experience in a technical or military environment.
- Professional Logistics (P. Log) or Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation would be beneficial.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite of applications and experience with ERP systems (e.g. JD Edwards, Peoplesoft, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven organizational ability and an aptitude for working with numbers.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to meet objectives working with colleagues.
- Experience as a DND Supply Manager is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Forces Supply System (CFSS) Defence Resource Management Information System (DRMIS) is mandatory.
- Familiarity with the ISO 9000 quality environments.
- Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Works Government Services Canada (PWGSC) and Transport Canada security clearances.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 6S activities in your area.
- All successful applicants must be eligible to meet requirements for the U.S. International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR), Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian government security clearance.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com .
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10