OverviewIMP Group Service Technician (Temporary) Temporary in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Service Technician (Temporary)
Are you a mechanically inclined individual who enjoys working with others and wants to help provide solutions to people with physical disabilities?…
Are you a mechanically inclined individual who enjoys working with others and wants to help provide solutions to people with physical disabilities?
Harding Medical Supplies, a division of CAN-med Healthcare, takes pride in delivering superior service and support, providing customers with improved mobility and independence. CAN-med Healthcare is a Canadian-owned value added distributor of medical surgical, health imaging, dental, mobility and home health care products and services, serving healthcare providers within Atlantic Canada.
The Halifax location of Harding Medical is now looking for a temporary Service Technician (15 week duration). The successful candidate will be responsible for installation and repair of home health care equipment as well as assisting with branch shipping/receiving and other internal administrative processes. You will provide equipment and solutions to people with physical disabilities so they may conquer the challenges of everyday life whether its wheelchairs, elevators, scooters or aids for daily living.
• Unload, install and setup equipment
• Adjust, calibrate, align and modify circuitry and components to meet specifications
• Discuss equipment problems with operator to determine the nature of the malfunction
• Test faulty equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction
• Test electronic components and circuits to locate defects
• Replace defective components and adjust mechanical parts
• Maintain accurate and detailed records of service work performed
• Manage company assets effectively including parts inventory, tools, test equipment and business expenditures per company policy or procedure. Ensure safe working practices are adhered to
• Attend training classes whether held on customer site, in house or at any other location determined by supervisor and/or management. Actively participate in personal upgrading in the form of continuing education and training to keep pace with advancing technology
• Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor or management
• Grade 12 with additional courses or training in electronics or small engine repair
• Excellent mechanical abilities a must and knowledge of AC/DC motors an asset
• Clean Driver’s abstract is essential, strong interpersonal & communication skills
• Familiarity with seating systems and rehabilitation products as well as knowledge of wheelchair/mobility product market and its suppliers would be considered an asset
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• 2-3 years of related experience in repair of home health care products – preferred but will train the appropriate individual
Please apply online, quoting salary expectations, by May 31, 2016 at:
IMP Group International Inc. is focused on global, sustainable growth, with 3,500 experienced people delivering service, quality and value to customers across diverse sectors such as aerospace, aviation, airline, healthcare, information technology, hospitality and property development.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations of positions where they are underrepresented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19