OverviewIMP Group Project Control Analyst Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Project Control Analyst
Eng or Diploma in Engineering Technology. Basic knowledge of Industrial Engineering practices (Six Sigma, Lean, 5S) skills considered an asset….
To assist the Program Management Office with program cost control, performance monitoring, measurement and reporting, schedule analysis and preparing contract deliverables.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Monitor and manage program costs; support program team to assist in controlling cost within budget and authority.
- Proactively perform change management activities and analyze program risk & schedule impact.
- Update and maintain performance reports
- Update and maintain program and project schedules.
- Identify and execute continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform duties following sound Program Management principles
- Prepare monthly contract deliverables.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Contracts Administration Department to ensure accurate recording & forecasting of program costs.
- Other duties as assigned
- B. Eng or Diploma in Engineering Technology.
- Sound knowledge of statistical software and analysis and performance reporting.
- Sound knowledge of VBA and SQL languages
- Knowledge of MS Project considered an asset.
- Strong technical and written skills are required.
- Have demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing and solving problems
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creative and innovative, demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in work style to better respond to multiple requests/tasks and handle sudden changes in priorities.
- Able to embrace and participate in change initiatives
- Motivated, self-starter, organized Individual with good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of Industrial Engineering practices (Six Sigma, Lean, 5S) skills considered an asset.
- 1-3 years experience in a production environment.
- Experience with J.D. Edwards software considered an asset.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 5S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10