OverviewIMP Group Pre-sales Engineer Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Maintain various technical certifications. Strong technical knowledge and experience of one or more of the following:….
Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia for over forty years, IMP Group continues to stand for diversity and strength. IMP Group has gained a very strong reputation nationally, being named one of the 50 Best Managed Companies. For the fifth consecutive year, we are also proud to be one of Nova Scotia’s Top Employers and one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers.
IMP Solutions, a Division of IMP Group Limited, provides business and IT services and products to clients across Canada. Our passion is working with organizations to provide innovative and cost-effective business solutions. Our team offers outstanding technical capabilities, solid business experience, and a commitment to customer-centered methodologies. As a result, IMP Solutions has experience in many industries, including: all levels of government, education and higher learning, aerospace and defence, healthcare, financial services, communications, oil and gas, manufacturing and hospitality.
We are expanding our Sales team and are actively recruiting a Pre-sales Engineer to work with clients focused in the Atlantic Provinces. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a talented and growing team that is committed to providing service excellence to its customers, backed by a longstanding Atlantic Canadian based organization.
The Pre-sales Engineer supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. IMP Solutions Pre-sales Engineers and Account Managers work hand in hand with our clients to recommend and implement technology solutions to complex business challenges. As part of the Sales Team, our Pre-sales Engineers are the first to engage potential and existing clients at a technical level. They work with our clients to understand their requirements, craft a solution, and help present the solution to the client in a clear and concise manner.
- Continually stay abreast of the latest developments in virtualization, storage, networking and cloud products
- Maintain various technical certifications
- Act as the Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) supporting the primary Account Manager when interfacing with current and prospective clients
- Participate in client meetings, presentations, conference calls, web conferences, and whiteboard sessions.
- Design and/or recommend technical solutions based on top tier compute, virtualization, network, client, storage and backup technologies, including cloud services.
- Create detailed Statements of Work for proposed solutions
- Provide knowledge transfer to Professional Services Implementation Consultants as projects move into the delivery phase
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience required
- 5+ years of experience with compute, storage, networking and virtualization products
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of one or more of the following:
o Amazon Web Services
o Microsoft Azure
o VMware vSphere, VMware Horizon, VMware NSX, vSAN, SRM, etc.
o EMC storage arrays (VMAX, VNX, Clariion, etc.)
o EMC Isilon
o All flash arrays such as EMC XtremIO, Pure Systems, Solid Fire
o EMC Avamar, Networker, and DataDomain
o Cisco or Brocade fibre channel switching infrastructure
o Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
o Dell Compellent
o HP 3Par
o Microsoft technologies (Exchange, SQL, Active Directory, DFS)
o Snapshot and Replication software for storage arrays
o Veeam Backup and Replication
- Working knowledge of standard TCP/IP networking (subnetting, trunking, VLANs, etc.)
- Working knowledge of fibre channel, iSCSI, and FCoE storage networking
- Detail orientated and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, self-directed, strong work ethic and adherence to deadlines
- Demonstrated effective client management (internal and external) skills
- Work on multiple pre-sales opportunities simultaneously, adhering to deliverable deadlines
If you are interested in joining our winning team and have what it takes to be successful in a dynamic industry, please submit your resume in confidence along with a cover letter and professional references.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line no later than September 28, 2016.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-representated. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21