OverviewIMP Group Machinist Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Internal applicants please use source code:. Sets up and operates various machine tools such as lathes, millers, surface and tool grinders in accordance with…
Manufactures, modifies and repairs metal, parts under general supervision within standard time frames and quality parameters.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Sets up and operates various machine tools such as lathes, millers, surface and tool grinders in accordance with planning and engineering documentation.
- Machines castings, forgings and manufactures machined parts from bar stock, ferrous and non-ferrous materials to a given tolerance and time frame from work orders with the assistance of technical documentation.
- Performs all machine operations necessary to complete assigned tasks on experimental, non-repetitive or production runs.
- Sharpens drill bits and cutting tools in support of production.
- Assists and provides on-job-training to other members of the Machinist and ToolMaker trades.
- Knows the common materials used in aircraft repair and works according to their properties.
- Removes all debris accumulated by task(s) performed and maintains a clean, safe work environment.
- Performs other tasks as required within the Machinist trade.
- Attends upgrading training for trade or personal development.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of machining and related work and relevant equipment
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting technical documentation such as technical manuals and drawings
- Must be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of airworthiness compliance requirements for authorization to perform airworthiness functions
- Must achieve and maintain a level of task proficiency, acquired by course/OJT/OJE training and practical experience, for the IMP AMO authorization of Performance of Manufacturing (POMfg)
- Must meet one of the following eligibility streams dependant on relevant experience (minimum three years): qualified ACS Tech with the Canadian Forces (or equivalent), CAMC Aviation Machinist (or equivalent), or a community college machinist graduate (or equivalent).
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.
- Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 5S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12