OverviewIMP Group international Director, International Marketing Full Time in Halifax, NS
IMP Group international
Branch Halifax NS CA
Director, International Marketing
Post-secondary education in Science, Engineering or Business andor equivalent military or industry experience….
Reporting to the Vice President International Marketing the role of the Director International Marketing is to assist and manage key Marketing and Business Development activities in line with the strategic initiatives of the Aerospace & Defence business unit and its Operating Units. This position is based in Halifax, NS.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Conduct marketingbusiness development activities including; market research, detection and assessment of new opportunities, intelligence gathering, competitor analysis, business case development, proposal preparation and management, as well as overall marketing & sales support to grow the business with new clients/platforms.
- Development and leadership of campaign capture strategies and objectives to promote the corporation and develop relationships with stakeholders to grow the business.
- Assist in development of Win Themes, identification of customer solutions, consults with management to balance required proposal resources.
- Helps maintain and advance customer relationships to proactively address future needs and identify future business opportunities.
- Development of international markets through identification and recruitment of agents, use of Foreign Affairs and Trade offices/embassies, foreign military attachés and other Canadian governmental organizations including CCC, EDC and others.
- Identification & recommendation of project/program teaming relationships and identification of corporate partners and subcontractors.
- Assist in identifying potential acquisition targets.
- In accordance with identified strategies and campaigns, manage the development, implementation as well as evaluation of advertising, merchandising, and trade show promotion programs and other industry events as required.
- Manage international Offset programs which IMP has commitments to satisfy as well as maintain currency on Canadian Offset policies under Industry Canada. Leverage Canadian offset obligors to develop business for IMP Aerospace & Defence.
- Assist with public relations and communications coordination including the development of promotional material including publications, media promotion, press releases, presentations, events and websites.
- Interact with necessary internal departments/subsidiaries of IMP Group and IMP Aerospace & Defence on proposal activities and campaigns and building on synergies within the business unit.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job performance; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Management and streamlining of internal marketing processes including Customer Relational Management (CRM) and Business Development Opportunities Pipeline management to improve the efficiency of opportunity development and client follow up.
- Monitor government procurement opportunity websites such as BUY & SELL and US FedBizOps for new business opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned to support marketing and business development.
- Post-secondary education in Science, Engineering or Business andor equivalent military or industry experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in a similar capacity. Combined experience in the two or more of the following area preferred: Business Development, Sales, Contracts, Product Support or Program Management. Experience as a Capture Team Leader is highly desired.
- Excellent Communication skills (Verbal & Written). Superior interpersonal and communication skills at all levels within the organization.
- Strong business acumen and ability to identify and develop business leads & opportunities. Proposal Development & Management Skills.
- Knowledge of government procurement practices and DND programs would be a definite asset.
- International business experience and an entrepreneurial approach would also be considered as assets.
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to distill complex problems into cogent recommendations to advise senior leadership.
- Self-motivated, well organized, personable and professional. A high level individual contributor with strong sales talent. Results-driven, people-oriented style. Strong situational awareness and high level of adaptability.
- In addition, this individual must have a proven ability to build and leverage close working relationships across Divisions and Business Units with stakeholders, peers, partners, as well as direct reports to successfully navigate challenging business decisions.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 6S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee .
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal people, visible minority groups, persons with disabilities and women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application form, cover letter or resume.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23