OverviewIKEA Sales Team Leader (Temporary Full-Time) Livingrooms Temporary in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Sales Team Leader (Temporary Full-Time) Livingrooms
Sales Team Leader (Temporary Full-Time). We require weekend and evening availability, though ensure consecutive days off, at least one weekend day off, and…
About the job
Sales Team Leader (Temporary Full-Time)
Application process opens January 28, 2016
Application process closes February 5, 2016
I am a strong leader who drives the business through people, I contribute to the growth and long term profitability of the IKEA store through systems and methods that optimize sales priorities, offer great customer service and maximize process efficiencies.
- A leader who leads by example, able to drive the business while establishing trustful relationships and commitments with coworkers across all levels of the organization
- Foster cooperation across functions and departments to ensure everyone understands and contributes to the store sales goals
- Identify and develop the many talents within your coworker team
- See the business through the customers eyes and have a customer first guiding principle
- Work with the Shopkeeper to set goals and strive to improve the ability of the store to perform daily tasks in accordance with set rules and guidelines
- You take full responsibility for your business end to end ensuring priced, clean, well assembled and available products
- Find the best working methods to optimize revenue and the IKEA shopping experience using good examples and proven solutions
- Execute meaningful actions based on the outcome of key performance indicators
- You are quick to identify commercial opportunities and changing availability of products and proactively act to restore commerciality to your store
- You and your team are familiar with tools and resources to actively sales steer to prioritized products
- Together with your shopkeeper and Team Lead you take full responsibility for your department goals and ensure your action plan is in place and communicated clearly to all coworkers, you define your individual contribution and goals for delivering the departments business plan
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur and/or as directed
- Proven experience in leading and developing people
- Business minded and result-driven with a customer focus
- Self-reliant with a proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- A leader who leads by example, able to drive the business while establishing trustful relationships and commitments with coworker across all levels of the organization
- Active selling through understanding the customer
- Experience creating and implementing plans, setting budgets and following up on goals
- Solution oriented with both people and business
- Able to take responsibility for daily working routines
- Able to set expectations for others and provide clear direction and follow up
- Enjoy working in a fast paced and future oriented environment
- Able to prioritize and organize your and your coworkers work to make efficient use of time
- Good understanding of your key performance indicators
- Act with urgency, able to make timely decisions
- Fluent in English (written and verbal skills)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, computer literacy
- Ability to lift 50 lbs (25 kg), fit for physical work such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, standing, and walking for the majority of your shift
Your Availability & Work Week
- Must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends (open availability)
- Your work week as a full-time co-worker is five (5) days a week.
- You will be off for fifty percent (50%) of the weekend – Saturday or Sunday – depending on the needs of the business.
- You will be scheduled for a minimum of two (2) closing shifts per week.
- Every effort will be made to schedule two (2) consecutive days off.
Your Business Partners
- Reports to: Shopkeeper
- Supervises: Sales Co-workers
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
We’re Committed To Both Our Customers & Co-workers
Being available to our customers every day of the week is important to us. This being said we are equally steadfast in our commitment to co-worker work-life balance. We require weekend and evening availability, though ensure consecutive days off, at least one weekend day off, and limit evenings worked to one or two a week.
We Hire Straightforward, Down-To-Earth People
IKEA co-workers tend to be enthusiastic and hard working with a genuine willingness to work together. While there are many reasons to join IKEA, if you ask co-workers why they stay, their number one response is “because of the people”.
Egos Parked At The Door
We’re all co-workers. We’re not big on fancy titles, corner offices or private jets, and we leave our egos at the door. Why? Because it means you get to work as a team member, have fun and get on with the job.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-01-30