Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-04-04
Ikea Safety and Security Team Lead (Salary) Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Safety and Security Team Lead (Salary)
Security Guard License is required prior to applying. (25 kg), 2-3 years IKEA Safety and LP or management experience including internal training programs or 3-5…
- In partnership with the Store Manager, lead, coach and mentor the Loss Prevention team to protect IKEA’s customer’s, co-workers, and assets from preventable loss – thereby strengthening IKEA’s position as the best retailer.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for customers and coworkers.
- Execute annual action plans to achieve business goals and positive results during audits and inspections
- Maximize profit by managing insurance claims, reducing fraud, securing and protecting IKEA assets, minimizing workers compensation claims, and by running a productive department.
- Take initiative and ownership of crisis situations and safety issues
- Ensure inventory accuracy, effective theft prevention and safeguarding the brand impression through appropriate crisis management.
- Ensure that the Occupational health and safety committee operates proactively to identify and eliminate risks before losses occur.
- Ensure the safe opening and secure closing of the store.
- Work in partnership with the location management team regarding sensitive issues.
- Positively lead, coach and mentor the Loss Prevention team to achieve successful results
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to think outside the box to implement and follow-up on any process, procedure or change.
- Knowledge of regulations, provincial safety, court systems, police procedures, labour standards, WHMIS, MHSA, building safety codes, fire codes, first aid, CPR, defibrillator, apprehension, handcuffing procedures and interviewing and interrogation procedures.
- The ability to operate and maintain security monitoring and alarm equipment
- The fortitude and courage to handle physical conflict
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. (25 kg), 2-3 years IKEA Safety and LP or management experience including internal training programs or 3-5 years Safety and Loss Prevention exp, retail preferred.
- Security Guard License is required prior to applying.
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.