OverviewIkea PT Safety & Security Coworker Part Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
PT Safety & Security Coworker
Conduct investigations as required and follow-up on all incident reports in a timely manner. Perform all operational and safety audits regularly as outlined in…
Protect our assets and reduce losses to ensure a safe and secure environment for co-workers and visitors and to strengthen IKEA’s position as the best home furnishing store
- Maintain a safe and secure environment in the store and on the property ensuring all IKEA safety and security procedures are followed.
- Respond to all emergency situations promptly and perform First Aid or other emergency/security procedures as required.
- Open and close the store as scheduled following IKEA procedures. Monitor and promptly respond to all alarms.
- Perform all operational and safety audits regularly as outlined in the IKEA Corporate Risk manual and the Canadian audit schedule
- Conduct investigations as required and follow-up on all incident reports in a timely manner.
- Contribute to an environment where the IKEA Culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of Co-workers and customers
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur
- Experience in the Loss Prevention field (i.e., floor walking, detection of suspicious persons)
- Must have 24 hour availability including overnight shifts
- Overtime agreement must be in place
- Ability work well under pressure during peak business periods
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer services skills and are self-motivated, diplomatic, and confident in order to interact with customers
- Willingness to share learning and knowledge
- Certification for Basic first aid, CPR will be required
- Computer Aptitude
- Interest in home furnishings
- Basic knowledge of local/federal laws and court procedures
- Police check clearance
- High volume, fast-paced retail environment
- Emergency response may be required on 24-hour basis
- Exposure to potentially hazardous situations
- Hours of work include Weekdays, Evenings, Saturday, Sunday, and Statutory holidays
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11