OverviewIKEA Graphic Communication Co-worker Full Time in Saint-Laurent, QC
Branch Saint-Laurent QC CA
Graphic Communication Co-worker
A desire to seek out opportunities that improve the way we work, reducing financial and environmental costs….
Your exciting challenge is to present the uniqueness of the IKEA Brand and distance the IKEA store from the competition. An IKEA graphic communication co-worker is responsible for ensuring all graphic communication in and outside of the IKEA store complies with IKEA visual and copy identity guidelines. You will also develop and implement efficient and effective store communication that supports customer self-choice.
Your tasks will include:
- contributing to positioning the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market.
- responsibility for overseeing the complete range of customer store communication.
- applying your extensive knowledge and understanding of people’s life at home and their buying behaviour to improve graphic communication inside and outside of the IKEA store to facilitate the buying process.
- ensuring IKEA graphic communication is clear, consistent, understandable, uncluttered, and correctly placed.
- creating and implementing graphic solutions that support commercial priorities by using your graphic design skills, the IKEA Concept, and the IKEA visual and copy identity.
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- higher education in graphic communication design, media, and typography.
- computer proficient with extensive experience of using graphic design software and production tools.
- a deep passion, curiosity and understanding of home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home.
- a practical hands-on approach to your responsibilities and the ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment.
- a desire to seek out opportunities that improve the way we work, reducing financial and environmental costs.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. As the world’s leader in life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Additional Information :
Ability to lift 50 lbs. (kg)
Workplace: High volume, fast paced retail environment with exposure to conditions of carpentry and painting
Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite) and production tools, e.g. printers, pre-press production and print techniques.
Must be able to communicate in English and French
Must be available to travel 26 weeks per year for journey between 4 and 10 weeks.
Physical activity: climbing and use of ladders. Mobility required, occasional domestic and international travel. Must be bilingual. Please take note that Montréal store candidates will be considered first
Your Business Partners:
Commitment to Health & Safety in the Workplace:
IKEA wishes to emphasize to all co-workers at all levels and functions that they must be committed to and responsible for the achievement of the objectives outlined in the health and safety guidelines and checklist. All coworkers are responsible for reporting any health & safety incidents immediately to management.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-22