OverviewIKEA Graphic Communication Co-worker (5 month contract) Temporary in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Graphic Communication Co-worker (5 month contract)
Post-secondary education in graphic communication design, media or typography. Ability to prioritize, take initiative and organize own work to make the most…
Provide product and graphic communication support to the Visual Merchandising/Interior design/Graphic Design team in the Canadian Head Office. Your exciting challenge is to support efficient and effective graphic and product communication that supports visual merchandising and customer self-choice within the IKEA store environment.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
- Together with the Country Graphic Communication Leader you will develop, organize, and lay out new furniture range product and pricing communication, work with national and seasonal offer in-store communication, and partner with the different business functions.
- Partner with our national Visual Merchandising/Interior Design/Graphic Design team, Sales, the French translation team and external printers to ensure the timely execution of product and graphic communication carriers to support commercialit and furniture range presentation.
- Visually and verbally communicate, layout and format product communication as related to the furniture range presentation solutions, guidelines and directions.
- Develop and update on-going store communication carriers to support the IKEA self-choice sales system.
- Develop and lay out bilingual graphic communication carriers partnering with the translation team.
- Organize, plan and consistently update the product and graphic communication schedule.
- Support the Visual Merchandising/Interior design/Graphic Design team with other tasks such as presentations and/or other communication needs.
- Support needed for 5 months, with the possibility to extend.
YOUR PROFILE Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Post-secondary education in graphic communication design, media or typography. 1–3 years of graphic design work experience is a plus.
- Computer proficient with working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat and Microsoft PowerPoint, basic knowledge of Photoshop. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Knowledge of print production tools (e.g. printers, pre-press production and print techniques).
- Ability to develop visual communication ideas and solutions.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative and organize own work to make the most efficient use of time available.
- Comprehensive organization, coordination, scheduling and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and critical discussion abilities.
- Creative and commercial visual competence with a keen eye for, and a good appreciation of, aesthetics in graphic design details.
- Ability to accurately execute technical data entry with a high volume of work.
- A strong interest and passion for home furnishings, how people live at home and retailing.
- Ability to “think outside of the box” when leading new initiatives in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Practical, enthusiastic hands-on approach to work.
- Fast-paced, deadline driven office environment
- This role is based at our Canadian Service Office in Burlington, Ontario, Canada
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21