OverviewIKEA Goods Flow Full Serve Team Support (Part-time 30 hrs per week) Part Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Goods Flow Full Serve Team Support (Part-time 30 hrs per week)
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Because it means you get to work as a team member, have fun and get on with the job….
About the job
Goods Flow Full Serve Team Support (Guaranteed 30 hrs. per week)
Application process opens August 14, 2015
Application process closes August 22, 2015
I am a strong co-worker with leadership skills and take responsibility inclusive of leading and directing as part of the goods flow team for the completion of the replenishment process in the most efficient, commercial and safe way possible before the store opens. In addition, secure the goods flow operations necessary for preparing/picking orders for customers. To develop and use knowledge and experience of IKEA operations, including the IKEA tools and expertise of colleagues in the goods flow team to achieve the agreed goods availability for customers at the lowest possible.
- Goods Flow focus with the flexibility to support all Goodsflow work areas
- Contribute to the highest goods availability for customers by the correct and on-time execution of the store goods flow tasks.
- Contribute to the agreed goals of the action plan in the daily work.
- Perform effectively the store goods flow operation and administrative tasks that support an efficient goods flow process.
- Work according to inventory and administrative guidelines to maintain the data integrity of the inventory in order to maximise product availability for customers.
- Commit to all IKEA health, safety and security rules and requirements, and actively help colleagues to prevent any incidents involving co-workers, customers, equipment and building.
- Contribute to optimised goods flow operations in the store by working in a lean, simple and cost-conscious way using and sharing good examples.
- Be available to support colleagues in the department and other areas of the store when required.
- Promote a safe and respectful work environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur and/or as directed
- Leadership skills
- Ability to make things happen with flexibility , speed and simplicity
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency, able to make timely decisions
- Solution-oriented, able to find new and more efficient ways of working
- Ability to prioritise and organise individual work duties to make the most efficient use of time available
- Aptitude for related manual and powered equipment for your work area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Fluent in English (written and verbal skills)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs (25 kg), fit for physical work such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, standing, and walking for the majority of your shift
- A flexible approach/open to change.
- Good personal discipline and attention to detail.
- Confident in approaching and talking to people and demonstrating a friendly manner when approached by colleagues.
- Ability to work during early and late hours of the day.
Your Availability & Work Week
- 4AM to 12:30PM (Receiving and Replenishment)
- 6AM to 12 midnight (Full Serve)
- Must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends (open availability)
- You will be scheduled over a 4 or 5-day period, depending on business needs.
- You will work both Saturday and Sunday shifts, with the exception of 2 out of 8 weekends off.
- You will be scheduled for a minimum of two (2) closing shifts per week.
- Every effort will be made to schedule two (2) consecutive days off.
Your Business Partners
- Reports to: Goodsflow Manager
- Supports Leadership: Goodsflow Co-workers
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
We Hire Straightforward, Down-To-Earth People
IKEA co-workers tend to be enthusiastic and hard working with a genuine willingness to work together. While there are many reasons to join IKEA, if you ask co-workers why they stay, their number one response is “because of the people”.
Egos Parked At The Door
We’re all co-workers. We’re not big on fancy titles, corner offices or private jets, and we leave our egos at the door. Why? Because it means you get to work as a team member, have fun and get on with the job.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17