OverviewIkea Deputy Goods Flow Manager, EMPU (Full-time Salary) Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Deputy Goods Flow Manager, EMPU (Full-time Salary)
Ensure a safe opening and secure closing of the EMPU on a daily basis. Maintain a clean, organized work area following waste management guidelines….
Deputy Goods Flow Manager, External Merchandise Pick-up Unit (EMPU)
Coordinate Goods-flow operations in the external merchandise pick-up warehouse. Coordinate receiving before opening and optimize full serve outflow routines after opening at lowest possible cost to strengthen IKEA’s position as the best home furnishing store in your local market
Responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to our business goals by implementing a productive and efficient Goods Flow process from Receiving of Goods to the Sales spaces or Storage in partnership with Sales and Supply partners. (DC’s).
- Collaborate actively with Sales managers and Com-In partners to secure high product availability at low costs in accordance with Commercial Review standards.
- Ensure optimal availability of the products and reduced wait time by maintaining efficient Goods Flow practices and by partnering with Sales and Logs Administration in Inventory Integrity Routines.
- Provide training and in partnership with the Safety & Security department, ensure adherence to Safety and Security routines in all Goods flow areas.
- Impact Voice by hiring, developing and coaching Goods Flow Co-workers.
- Ensure handling efficiencies in stock bearing areas focusing on volume perspective to achieve cost effective replenishment and highest possible service level to the customer.
- Ensure consistent interaction, feedback and competence development with goods flow assistants.
- Attract, retain, develop, and inspire Co-workers by realizing the Human Resource Idea to become the best retailer to work for.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area following waste management guidelines.
- Contribute as a member of the Logistics Management team and lead your Goods-Flow team.
- Act as a backfill for the Logistics manager in their absence.
- Act as a Support Manager on site to effectively resolve any escalated customer issues in the EMPU warehouse.
- Ensure a safe opening and secure closing of the EMPU on a daily basis.
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur
Key requirements & qualifications for this position:
- Excellent leadership and communication abilities with a proven ability to share your knowledge
- Strategic, analytical and tactical abilities
- Well-developed problem-solving and organizational skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. (25 kg)
- 3-5 years IKEA management experience or retail management experience, goods-flow/supply knowledge preferred with a strong interest in home furnishings
- Ability to be certified on and safely operate multiple pieces of powerlift equipment
- High volume, fast-paced retail warehousing environment
Your Business Partners:
- Reports to: In-store Logistics Manager
- Matrix: Country In-Store Logistics Manager
- Direct Reports: Goods Flow Team Leads; Receiving and Full Serve Warehouse co-workers
- Indirect Reports: Customer Relations coworkers in EMPU when CR management not present
Commitment to Health & Safety in the Workplace:
IKEA wishes to emphasize to all co-workers at all levels and functions that they must be committed to and responsible for the achievement of the objectives outlined in the health and safety guidelines and checklist. All coworkers are responsible for reporting any health & safety incidents immediately to management.
GROWING TOGETHER IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-22