Employment Type: Freelance
Posted on: 2018-01-10
IFG International Financial Group Paralegal Contract in Guelph, ON
IFG International Financial Group
Branch Guelph ON CA
Four-year college degree, paralegal certificate and two years of paralegal experience. Our client, a well known financial institute is currently looking to…
Our client, a well known financial institute is currently looking to recruit a paralegal to join their team.
- Assure compliance with subpoenas through monitoring process and/or collecting and producing documents. Must be able to understand the legal documents involved, and be able to refer to statute to determine if requests are legal.
- Four-year college degree, paralegal certificate and two years of paralegal experience. (In lieu of paralegal certificate, a total of four years’ litigation support experience at a well-regarded law firm or corporation.)
- Facility with Word, Excel and Access, and general knowledge of database organization and structure.
- Mediation: Assist with drafting mediation statement. Prepare and organize key exhibits and other similar materials. Attend and assist at witness preparation and hearings as necessary
- Trial/hearing support: Prepare and organize trial exhibits and other similar materials. Attend and assist at witness preparation and hearings as necessary.
- Perform legal and factual research as necessary.
- Respond to regulatory inquiries; prepare correspondence as appropriate.
- Coordinate with in-house counsel, third-party vendors, outside counsel and others with a goal toward efficiency and cost savings to the firm.
- Outside Counsel Support
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $20.00 /hour
Required license or certification: