OverviewIBM Software Architect – Platform Application Service Controller Full Time in Markham, ON
Branch Markham ON CA
Software Architect – Platform Application Service Controller
For over 20 years, its workload and resource management solutions have delivered optimized IT infrastructures, ease of management, and lower costs for…
IBM Platform Computing is a leader in cluster, grid, and High-Performance Computing (HPC) cloud management software serving more than 2,000 of the world’s most demanding organizations. For over 20 years, its workload and resource management solutions have delivered optimized IT infrastructures, ease of management, and lower costs for commercial, HPC, and technical computing clients. Visit www.ibm.com/PlatformComputing. Twitter: @IBMPlatform. For more information about IBM Technical Computing: www.ibm.com/TechnicalComputing.
We are currently looking for an individual to fill the role of Software Architect for our Platform Application Service Controller offering. The position is located in Markham, Ontario.
The Software Architect will be part of a global development team to enhance existing IBM Platform technology that will be embedded into IBM products. We are looking specifically to expand our development team to work in our resource management layer (aka EGO), which is a key component of IBM’s OpenStack and Data Center Operating System (DCOS) strategy as well as a key component in several IBM Big Data and Analytics solutions.
- Interacts with product managers, architects, and team leads from other departments to understand requirements, propose functionality, and translate this into development projects.
- Works with the development teams to create and drive the engineering plan.
- Work closely with customers, customer proxy (ie sales, services, support) and internal exploiters to help drive product penetration.
- Prepares and presents technology architecture/design and demos to relevant stakeholders
- Prepares and writes technical documentation such as content to be included in the product documentation and customer training
- Participate in external communities to help drive product adoption
- Lead research activities to serve as foundational future innovation
- Propose and drive process and quality improvement across the global team
- Own overall architecture of the product offering, current and future, with a key focus on extensibility and integration with other adjacent technologies.
- Working experience on software development projects with at least 5 years working with a global team across multiple locations and time zones
- Must have knowledge of C/C++ and Java
- Knowledge of Python is an asset
- Must have Windows, Linux/UNIX system, and network programming experience, e.g. service/process communication, multi-threading, concurrency
- Understanding of the principles of Object Oriented software design and programming
- Experience in working on rapid prototyping projects and developing products/solutions with direct client involvement
- Thorough technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design, and implementation
- Understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance
- Communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of scheduling and workload management technologies such as Platform Symphony is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce and other Big Data related technology is highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience with Java development is an asset.
Read more about Platform Symphony here: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/technicalcomputing/platformcomputing/products/symphony/
At least 10 years experience in Apply Knowledge of Software Development Cycle
At least 5 years experience in Apply Knowledge of Distributed Computing
At least 1 year experience in Applied knowledge of Platform Computing Technology (particularly Application Service Controller)
Master’s Degree in Engineering
At least 6 years experience in Apply Knowledge of Distributed Computing
At least 2 years experience in Applied knowledge of Platform Computing Technology (particularly Application Service Controller)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Markham, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-25